Jay Sport 12SC, door, beds, set up

Roger1976

Jan 31, 2021
I just bought a Jay Sport 12SC. I am having a lot of difficulty getting the bottom part of the door to set up properly. Also, the beds are hard to pull out because the tent is affixed along the ends so you can’t grab the bed frame to pull out. I ended up pulling on the canvas above each end but it’s not easy to do and probably not good for the canvas. Any pointers will be appreciated

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Make sure the trailer is level for starters. The door in our rockwood is a PITA unless the trailer is perfectly leveled. For the bunk ends ensure that when you pull it out you are pulling perfectly parallel to the rails and lift up slightly or it will bind. The front "king" bunk on ours binds very easily. The bunk had one pull strap which I moved off centre and added another so I can pull it out with both hands. The straps are just screwed into the plywood under the bunk. Also, clean the tracks and put a decent lubricant like a silicone spray on the bed rail tracks to help it slide. Don't use a lubricant that will attract dirt, or one that will stain the canvas.

Roger1976

Jan 31, 2021
Thanks for all the good information. I leveled the pop up carefully before I started. I think there must be a trick with this door. The guy I bought it from says open the door when installing it. I spent way too much time on it today and am requiring myself to stop for today and hope that tomorrow everything will fall in place.