Kansas 2nd annual popup rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougkelly1

Mar 12, 2014
hello. all [PU] after a good rally last year. Kelly and I are ready to get camping again. is there enough for a rally this year or just have several get together camping groups?. we are open to most . lets chat and see how this year works out. you can chat here.

thanks Kelly and Doug [SUN]

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Hi Guys,

We're game. Don't know if you have thought about a date yet. We've got plans made for Memorial Day and July 4, but we're also expecting a new grandson in mid-April so we'll be making a run to Colorado soon after he arrives. [:)C]

Jcow

Mar 1, 2016
I am new to the camper world, I usually do the tent thing. I think my family and I would like to attend a rally, Ks is not to far away. Have plans for memorial day already but the rest of the summer as of now is open. Just curious as to the types of campgrounds you all use. I really like to sit on the bank and fish. But really enjoy just being out.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Jcow said:
I am new to the camper world, I usually do the tent thing. I think my family and I would like to attend a rally, Ks is not to far away. Have plans for memorial day already but the rest of the summer as of now is open. Just curious as to the types of campgrounds you all use. I really like to sit on the bank and fish. But really enjoy just being out.

I second sitting on the bank and fishing. However, depending on location I could bring my boat. [;)] [:)C]

shellyyyyy

Mar 6, 2016
Hi, so when and where was last year's rally? I will watch for dates you might post. We have to work around Son's baseball in the summer, but want to make use of our PUP when we can.
Thanks!

jmh1007

Aug 25, 2014
Just commenting here to get on the thread. We will have to be a "wait and see". I go to the surgeon on tuesday to talk about knee replacement so I'm not sure what my status will be.

dougkelly1

Mar 12, 2014
hello everyone. [:D] Kelly and I hope that everyone had a great winter and ready for another rally? I always get lost in the forums. we would love to see more at this years rally, we are open to any location. can never get enough of Watkins mill.
Doug and Kelly

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Update:
Most of you who have commented here received/took part in some private messages trying to stir up some interest. For anyone else that may be interested, I had suggested June 17-19 before I realized that was Father's Day. So maybe the weekend before -- June 10-12 -- might be a better choice. Thoughts?

Also need to settle on a location. Among the sites tossed out are Watkins Mill, Pomona/Melvern, Pomme de Terre, Truman. Thoughts?

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
It's great you are able to make this an annual event! Get to look forward to camping a yr. ahead of time! [:)C]

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
I'm letting you all decide, and if the result fits my schedule we might join in. I hope that everyone who has expressed interest continues to help Willy plan this event. Plans progress more quickly when participants give feedback. Don't be shy, don't be shy, as Sheriff Taylor used to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcow

Mar 1, 2016
I'm good with Watkins mill. If I was looking at the right place ,northern Mo. Never been that far out. The 17-19th works better for me but may be able to work around it. Look forward to meeting new people/friends.

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
Last year's rally occurred this on this weekend a year ago. The weather was very different. We're back from two nights at Clinton State Park, and we didn't cheat this time by spending Friday night at home to avoid hail and tornadoes. It was beautiful and much busier this weekend than last year, when it was cloudy, cool, and damp. We went to Campground 3 this time and camped without utilities. It was nice. Windy today, but very nice, even with the distant guitar playing still going at 2 a.m.

Better still, instead of this being our first weekend camping of the year, it was our fourth. We are ahead of the curve.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Hey Mark,

Glad you had a good time. I can't imagine a better weekend. My son-in-law and I went fishing Saturday night down and Hillsdale State Park. I bet there were 100 tents. All the primitive campgrounds were occupied. Mary had a medical procedure this past week which kept us home this weekend, but we're hoping to get out this coming weekend.

Hopefully, we'll get some response from the other regarding a get-together in June. Keep in touch.

shadowksu

Jan 3, 2015
We can hopefully make it if it's June 10-12. That would be our choice instead of Father's Day weekend but we'll try and be there regardless. We're game for trying new campgrounds and all of the ones suggested will be new to us! (We don't get out much in Kansas...we usually go out of state).

jmh1007

Aug 25, 2014
Just throwing it out there that we will be at Bucksaw on Truman Lake the weekend of June 10-12 and would love to meet up! I just checked on Recreation.gov and there are loads of spots left. We will be in B29. If you have never been to Bucksaw, it's one of our favorites. We will have a boat there if anyone wants to go run catfish lines with my husband or just go for an evening boat ride. There is a nice swimming beach and shade at most sites. The ones right on the lake have little shade. The shower house it large and there are flush toilets conveniently located throughout.

Hope to see you!
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.