Letting my best friend go

myride

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 14, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Sorry for your loss, it takes all our heart to let them cross that rainbow bridge my friend.....something I've had to so on many occasions and never gets easier. You gave her a great life and she's given you a lifetime of memories. Hold those close and never feel bad of making that decision for her.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
So very sorry. We had to do the same for our dog Sasha back in 2017. She lived a long life we got her as a rescue in 2001. No dog could replace her so we never got another.
Feeling the same way...We have our lab Sam but not sure i can handle much more of the sadness.
Time heals they say... But as i get older it become harder and harder.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
So sorry to hear the news, of your loss. Our hearts are broken for you Brother, and DW. Bless you, and yours in the future. We are always here for a Brother or Sister.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
So sorry for your loss. I have had to do the same, and it is never easy. I take comfort in the fact that we gave them a good life, and lots of great memories to give us comfort. We always grieved for a bit but within a year we would adopt another - cats for us instead of dogs - and work to make new memories and give another pet or two a home.