Livin' that Socal life!

socalpopper

Jun 27, 2022
San Pedro, CA
Hi everyone!

New to the forum here. Just purchased a 1986 Starcraft SLE Pop-up. Very excited to take it on our many yearly camping trips. Looking forward to decking it out as well. Just replaced the folding table/bed frame piece with something I made and I love it. Lots of questions but will dive into the forums for info first. :). Anyone else have an older Starcraft?

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
You think!? I'm pretty handy but nervous about attacking that kind of a fix. The local guy is charging around $500 to fix it and it's a $15 part. Great call on the PDF Manual, thanks Starsky!
Yep, that's how I got my manual! I'm a steady moron and managed to replace all 4 of my cable without the benefit of a manual. Years later, I bump into the PUP forum here, and ya'll got manual and help here. IF you're feeling this is too much, just pay him, but consider asking if you can watch? You'll get it fixed.

Last edited:

socalpopper

Jun 27, 2022
San Pedro, CA
Yep, that's how I got my manual! I'm a steady moron and managed to replace all 4 of my cable without the benefit of a manual. Years later, I bump into the PUP forum here, and ya'll got manual and help here. IF you're feeling this is too much, just pay him, but consider asking if you can watch? You'll get it fixed.
Took the leap and fixed it myself. Need to replace one of the cables but the other cable had been patched a few times so I replaced that as well. Had to buy a cable crimper, cable and a few other miscellaneous things, crimping loop sleeve etc but managed to do it under $60! Honestly it was your comment that gave me the confidence. Really appreciate it.

OTR1522

Jun 9, 2018
Hi everyone!

New to the forum here. Just purchased a 1986 Starcraft SLE Pop-up. Very excited to take it on our many yearly camping trips. Looking forward to decking it out as well. Just replaced the folding table/bed frame piece with something I made and I love it. Lots of questions but will dive into the forums for info first. :). Anyone else have an older Starcraft?
Welcome from San Diego

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
Took the leap and fixed it myself. Need to replace one of the cables but the other cable had been patched a few times so I replaced that as well. Had to buy a cable crimper, cable and a few other miscellaneous things, crimping loop sleeve etc but managed to do it under $60! Honestly it was your comment that gave me the confidence. Really appreciate it.
Honest, that's why I came to the Portal. A friend of mine asked that I post here, giving someone the confidence to take on a repair he heard me joking about. Even now that I've got a TT, but I still own my PUP, I keep around for that same reason.

Happy to hear this worked out for you!