Media files posted in a thread do not display

bupkis

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
for instance, when there is a big gap of space where someone suggested they something to see, I use reply and see something like this at the bottom of the reply -

the original post just shows space. Wondering if it is my setup and if there is anything I could try changing to see the media file in the tread? TIA

Edit, it change the [ med.../med..] to just many lines of space!

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Normally, the forum software will just look at the link and automatically put in the appropriate tags.

So if you put on something like the:

h t t p s ://www.amazon.com/dp/B083KBKJ8Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_ZC6RHTE1JKKFGACWT7YQ&tag=popupportal-20

Without the spaces of course. The software will put tags around it, in this case, the media tags. So in the end you'll get the following:

Note that I pasted the link into the next line so it makes for a cleaner post.

bupkis

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
Thanks, my problem is that the media doesn't show, just a few inches of space. ie no picture/no image.
I guess it is on my end, something aint right!
Thanks

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yup, most likely at your end. Clear your browser cache, that may help. Make sure your browser and OS is updated to the latest versions.

SteveP

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
May 21, 2015
I use Add Blocker Plus on my Chrome browser. I had the same problem until I added the portal as a trusted site, no blocking. Now it works.

bupkis

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
I use Add Blocker Plus on my Chrome browser. I had the same problem until I added the portal as a trusted site, no blocking. Now it works.
that does it! In the past I had tried to just turn off blocking on a specific page and that didn't work, fixed!