Mixed thoughts on this.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
Nether one is to my liking. Just because something is new doesn't mean its better.
Not better, just different. The biggest plus to me is the large roof area for solar panels on the TV and huge battery capacity. Park the camper in the shade to stay cool and the TV in the sun to charge batteries.

bheff

Super Active Member
Feb 24, 2011
NW Arkansas
Not a fan of the truck, but the camper is cool. If you look at the Aussie's they have pretty cool camper for going out into the rugged outback.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
We had a big cyber truck thread a while back. The problem is charging it and the distance it can pull something. As long as you are close to where you want to go to. Its good. Want to go 800 miles. You better add a lot of days to your trip. I dont think it will charge up enough in the sun to provide enough power.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
We had a big cyber truck thread a while back. The problem is charging it and the distance it can pull something. As long as you are close to where you want to go to. Its good. Want to go 800 miles. You better add a lot of days to your trip. I dont think it will charge up enough in the sun to provide enough power.
Never saw that thread. I don't think we are there yet, but with advancements I solar and batteries lately I could see it being a viable option in the near future. The way I travel anymore I only go 400-500 miles a day and I'm going to be there for at least 2-3 days.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Far maybe, especially with oil at an all time low. With no infrastructure to suport it, and a low towing range, ( probably half of its max or less, as reported by people that allready tow with telsas) and the time needed to recharge , it will not be good for most of us.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
Never saw that thread. I don't think we are there yet, but with advancements I solar and batteries lately I could see it being a viable option in the near future. The way I travel anymore I only go 400-500 miles a day and I'm going to be there for at least 2-3 days.
If the model x is any indication, heavy loads and hills will drain the battery fast. I think TFL did a test with 5k trailer up a pass, and it drained it so good they couldn't tow it back.