My mother will always share my campfire

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Today is a sad day. My mother passed away today of breast cancer.

To those that knew her she was a very sweet and friendly woman. She went out of her way to make people feel welcome and enjoyed chatting with everyone she met. She loved camping and often could be found at other people's campfires or under their awnings having great conversations. It was as if they were her long lost friends. To her that was what camping was all about seeing new places and meeting new friends. I got my love of camping from her. Although my camping was way different than hers she always supported me as I did with her.
My mom will be missed but I know when I sit by the campfire I know her presence will always be there.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
She sounds like a wonderful woman. Celebrate her.

I lost my mother almost 19 years ago but still think of her every day and it usually brings a smile. I'm sure you will have the same experience.

Ratherbecamping

Jan 25, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m pretty new to the portal but I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts and hearing about your mother. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I'm sorry. I know it has been a long journey of a different sort for you and your mom.

My mom also died of breast cancer 40 years ago. She's still with me in so many ways. I have become a quilter, as she was. My friends looked at some of her quilts and said they realized why I use color as I do - and I didn't really think of it that way.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Sorry about your mom, mine died quite awhile ago, I speak out loud to her, my dad, and a lot of folks that have passed just to say thanks and keep them all in mind. I have some things, that when I use them I say hi to the gramma or whoever it belonged to.

Sotovoce

Jun 27, 2015
Georgia
I send my condolences. Your mom sounds a lot like mine. I've been thinking about mine a lot this year because I am the age she was 25 years ago when she traveled with us camping our way from Georgia to Alaska. We were over 4,000 miles from home when she walked the campground and found someone from her town. My mom died 7 years ago and was a widow for 30. I miss both parents and you will too, but those memories are precious. Our parents are always with us in many ways.

Camp4me2

Aug 27, 2021
Today is a sad day. My mother passed away today of breast cancer.

To those that knew her she was a very sweet and friendly woman. She went out of her way to make people feel welcome and enjoyed chatting with everyone she met. She loved camping and often could be found at other people's campfires or under their awnings having great conversations. It was as if they were her long lost friends. To her that was what camping was all about seeing new places and meeting new friends. I got my love of camping from her. Although my camping was way different than hers she always supported me as I did with her.
My mom will be missed but I know when I sit by the campfire I know her presence will always be there.
I am truly sorry about your Mom.

Latest posts