Need help understanding this fridge

bsevans5

May 20, 2013
Just picked up a 2007 fleetwood Arcadia popup over the weekend at the last minute before heading out early this morning for our annual beach trip with a bunch of families in our neighborhood. Was told everything worked. That hasn't been the case. Tires almost blew. Had to replace those. It's missing 12" of hose between the fill hole and the water tank. Who knows what else.

My question right now is regarding the temperature adjustment knob on the fridge. It has zero resistance when spinning it to adjust the temperature. Is that normal? It feels like it's not connected to anything

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
What model fridge? I have a Dometic 2193, and both knobs ( gas and electric) have some resistance when turned. I don’t recall a set screw in the knobs to tighten them on the shaft, but will take a look in the morning and advise.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
It's missing 12" of hose between the fill hole and the water tank.
just wanted to comment on this as I found mine the same way. Apparently the rubber in the hose disintegrated over the years and the prior owner probably just sawed it off or took it off. This is the hose that I used to replace, just double check the size before you buy as I have a sister unit to your Arcadia.

A.A 1-3/8" Fill Hose with Flats for RV Concession Fresh Water Tank - Marine, Boats, Campers, Trailer, RVs,​

i can tell you this was a world class pain in the knuckles to repair. so be warned. Don’t attempt to repair if young ears are around. [:I]

Reactions: NLB

bsevans5

May 20, 2013
just wanted to comment on this as I found mine the same way. Apparently the rubber in the hose disintegrated over the years and the prior owner probably just sawed it off or took it off. This is the hose that I used to replace, just double check the size before you buy as I have a sister unit to your Arcadia.

A.A 1-3/8" Fill Hose with Flats for RV Concession Fresh Water Tank - Marine, Boats, Campers, Trailer, RVs,​

i can tell you this was a world class pain in the knuckles to repair. so be warned. Don’t attempt to repair if young ears are around. [:I]
Bought some hose from a west marine close to where we are camping for the week. Used the fill spout for fitment didt realize the spout coming off the water tank I a bigger diameter so wasted all that time and money. Found an RV place a ways away. Bought the right fill hose, but when I installed it and secured it with a hose clamp, it leaked where it attaches to the tank. Is there a Sealant or something that should be applied before sliding the fill hose over the spout?

bsevans5

May 20, 2013
What model fridge? I have a Dometic 2193, and both knobs ( gas and electric) have some resistance when turned. I don’t recall a set screw in the knobs to tighten them on the shaft, but will take a look in the morning and advise.
Dometic rm7401. I finally found some stuff online that says there's a little post the knob connects to that has a tiny piece that can break off inside the panel.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Is there a Sealant or something that should be applied before sliding the fill hose over the spout?
I’m afraid I had the opposite problem. I remember mine was crazy tight to the point I thought I got the wrong size again. (Like you I bought the wrong size the first time). I was about to call it quits when I finally managed to attach it. I couldn’t slide it on as far on the spout as I would like, but mine is not going anywhere. good luck figuring it out. I’m not sure how well plumbers tape can work on the smooth service but perhaps that could help.

bsevans5

May 20, 2013
I’m afraid I had the opposite problem. I remember mine was crazy tight to the point I thought I got the wrong size again. (Like you I bought the wrong size the first time). I was about to call it quits when I finally managed to attach it. I couldn’t slide it on as far on the spout as I would like, but mine is not going anywhere. good luck figuring it out. I’m not sure how well plumbers tape can work on the smooth service but perhaps that could help.
Thanks. I just bought the same size that was on there. Slides on easy. When I removed the remains of the old one there was white residue. Hard and smooth. That's what caused me to think maybe there's an adhesive. I did think about wrapping enough layers of Teflon tape that it creates almost like an oring ridge and makes it snug to slide the tube on, then use the hose clamp on the outside edge of where that ridge is to hopefully create a better seal

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
I have the same fridge in the same model popup and its knob behaves as you've described with no resistance. Mine still functions as intended. I'm not saying yours does, but if you haven't tested it, don't assume it's broken.

Unless you have tested the knob on your fridge and can confirm that it really doesn't work, I suggest not taking it apart to 'fix' it.