New Canoe name?

WingmanHG

Mar 15, 2019
Maricopa AZ
Well I picked up this baby and will be taking it out for the first time in a few weeks. Unfortunately since it has a 12V trolling motor I need to register it yay taxes. But if I have to add a number to the side I figured I could name it as well any suggestions? 65D70D40-8A6E-476F-B338-24CFDFCBD58E.jpeg

Del Kelso

Jun 11, 2020
Saint Charles, Missouri
WingmanHG, my suggestion is to let your kids name it, that would be fun, maybe green bean? green giant? green monster? but then there are the ever popular "happy daze", "aquaholic" or "big nauti". how about "trippin"?

i always name my boats.
  • lelu - my "go to" solo, a 14 ft Wenonah Rendevous...lelu was the lead female characters name in the Movie 5th Element, very hot
  • inana - a Necky 18 ft sea kayak. very sleak and beautiful, turned out to be way to much boat for me to paddle and sold it...Sumerian goddess of love and warfare
  • grumpy - my Dagger Impulse solo whitewater canoe...grumpy, because if someone dragged your bottom over sharp rocks in cold water all day long, you would be grumpy too!
  • DanaBella - a small ski boat, super fun. named after my daughter and her favorite Disney character, Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
  • beauty - a Mad River Independance Kevlar Solo Canoe...a beautiful, fantastic boat, now sold.
  • un-named - my Perception Illusion Sit on Top Kayak...guess i don't always name them.
never heard of anyone naming their PUP's, but there must be some who do. gonna have to think of a name for ours. as if Fleetwood SunValley wasn't enough...

Del Kelso

Jun 11, 2020
Saint Charles, Missouri
and for the record, i highly recommend installing crossbars on that roof rack. don't buy them, get some red oak and make them from that. a couple of coats of spar varnish will last for years. attach with u-bolts, lash them down or if you know a woodworker, have them make something custom. (although i should confess that i hauled a Grumman 17 foot aluminum tandem all over the midwest with the same setup.)