New Owner in SF Bay area, CA

Rover76

Sep 22, 2021
Sunnyvale, CA/Cushing, ME
Hi all,
New owner of a 2003 Coleman Santa Fe. I am new to PUPs, but not campers, trailers, fifth-wheels or motorhomes. I grew up camping in a trailer or motorhome of some kind. My parent's once bought a motorhome from Johnny Mathis. That is my Mom's favorite story to tell.

I have owned it for about 1 month, but have yet to take it out past the driveway. We have a trip planned near Mt. Madonna in 3 weeks. Hoping weather holds out. I sort of bought this pup before doing a thorough checking out. It needed a new power converter and it does not have a furnace/heater.

Replaced the power converter, installed all new LED lights and I am working on a heater soon.
(more on that in another thread).

I have been searching the forum history and finding most all of the info I need currently so, no newbie posts asking for info that has been covered over and over in other posts, yet... So thanks and I hope to learn a lot and meet some of you locals out camping soon!

Rover76

Sep 22, 2021
Thanks all! I did check the spare for size and to see if it actually held air. all good, except, I do not trust it's integrity, so it will be replaced. Cheap insurance.

Back in my Land Rover days, I frequented the Mojave Desert, especially the Mojave Road. I hope to explore out there again soon now that my kids are up for adventure. So many awesome thigs too see. Love the desert's beauty.

The mini is no longer. Off to another owner. The tongue weight alone would destroy that poor little thing LOL! Tow rig now is a JGC Turbo Diesel! No problems there.

Had it out for it's maiden voyage this past weekend. All went well except the mattresses! Gotta find a replacement before my back quits completely! UGH! Oh, and add a heater. Looking into a Camco Wave 3 or Wave 6

Tom72

Oct 16, 2021
Vallejo, CA
Thanks all! I did check the spare for size and to see if it actually held air. all good, except, I do not trust it's integrity, so it will be replaced. Cheap insurance.

Back in my Land Rover days, I frequented the Mojave Desert, especially the Mojave Road. I hope to explore out there again soon now that my kids are up for adventure. So many awesome thigs too see. Love the desert's beauty.

The mini is no longer. Off to another owner. The tongue weight alone would destroy that poor little thing LOL! Tow rig now is a JGC Turbo Diesel! No problems there.

Had it out for it's maiden voyage this past weekend. All went well except the mattresses! Gotta find a replacement before my back quits completely! UGH! Oh, and add a heater. Looking into a Camco Wave 3 or Wave 6
I took mine out for it's maiden voyage (with me anyway) this past weekend. I bought a 3 inch memory foam topper on Amazon, loved it, was very comfortable. I need a better electric space heater too, thinking about getting an oil filled radiator. My electric blanket was awesome though.

CaptRon

Nov 2, 2010
Maryville, Tn
Welcome. What part of the Bay Area? I'm originally from South Bay, Los Gatos area. Moved to Tn in 1999, then back to Ca in 05. Now, I'm in Tn for good since 2019.
Enjoy your pop up and all the smiles it'll bring!

Rover76

Sep 22, 2021
Funny! I am in Sunnyvale currently. My Mom and her family are from Tennessee. Franklin/Nolansville area. I haven't been back there in many years. Still have quite the family back there though. Maybe one day we will get back there and visit.
Welcome. What part of the Bay Area? I'm originally from South Bay, Los Gatos area. Moved to Tn in 1999, then back to Ca in 05. Now, I'm in Tn for good since 2019.
Enjoy your pop up and all the smiles it'll bring!