New to PopUpPortal...my introduction.

smk34236

Apr 26, 2022
Hello All from Sarasota, Florida. I currently have a 2012 Prius V with 24,500 miles, in excellent condition and well maintained. After watching about a zillion "car camping" videos, and my best friend getting a teardrop trailer, I thought I'd try to join her, but sleep in my Prius. Am building it out right now and it looks like I'll have plenty of room. Nothing will be attached to the inside of the car, so it can be back to original and all camping gear stored away within minutes. By the way, I'm 78, and hoping I'm limber enough to manage maneuvering about from bed to seat! We'll see! If this doesn't work out, well, I'll just.......do something else! Looking forward to picking up lots of camping hints from you all.

smk34236

Apr 26, 2022
Thank you! I already have a 3-fold, 4" foam mattress, 75" x 25" to lay over a foldable platform being built by a cabinet maker so the bed will be level, as the right back passenger seat does not lie flat and I don't want to remove it. This will also give me about 4" of flat storage space under the foot of the bed to keep solar panels for my Jackery, folded table, etc. The remaining trunk storage will hold my cooler and a large plastic bin with my cooking equipment. Am keeping the left back passenger seat open as my living, dining & bath area. My windows already have "rain guards" so the windows can be lowered about 2" for ventilation. Any and all suggestions will be welcome....thank you, again!

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Welcome from Northern Virginia. The only thing I can think of is mosquitoes. There may be days you need all your windows open but will need a way to keep mosquitoes somewhat at bay. I’ve only slept in my SUV during huge storms so no clue how you can go about in using screens. Unless your lucky enough to live in an area where bugs aren’t trying to eat you alive.

Latest posts