November 2021 - what did you do for your camper?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Here's your monthly battery charge reminder, for those who need it.

Early in the morning for me, so not much done for the trailer yet today. Planning to add a day to one of my spring trips, so I need to make that reservation in the next day or so, since it will still be during snowbird season. [I realized on the non-trailer trip over the last half-week that I cannot drive as long as I once did. I did fine ABQ/Flagstaff with the trailer; ABQ/Tucson with it would not be pretty hideous.]
Plans for this week: more reservations for next year, replacing all the items I'd borrowed from the trailer for my trip, finding a place to stash the new bowls (Nordic Ware and large paper) I found.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
A person on the disboards. They started it for an epileptic person that painted the first rock. Then they made more. If it makes people happy, I'll take a few pictures and add my unique humor to it. Its atually a good read.

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
Here's your monthly battery charge reminder, for those who need it.

Early in the morning for me, so not much done for the trailer yet today. Planning to add a day to one of my spring trips, so I need to make that reservation in the next day or so, since it will still be during snowbird season. [I realized on the non-trailer trip over the last half-week that I cannot drive as long as I once did. I did fine ABQ/Flagstaff with the trailer; ABQ/Tucson with it would not be pretty hideous.]
Plans for this week: more reservations for next year, replacing all the items I'd borrowed from the trailer for my trip, finding a place to stash the new bowls (Nordic Ware and large paper) I found.
What do you mean about large paper?

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
A person on the disboards. They started it for an epileptic person that painted the first rock. Then they made more. If it makes people happy, I'll take a few pictures and add my unique humor to it. Its atually a good read.
Sounds like the movie Amelie, really sweet film. French, I believe, she takes her dad's garden gnome and asks her stewardess friend to take photos of it wherever she goes, it's an older film.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
What do you mean about large paper?
Dixie has come out with a 34 oz paper bowl, not sure how long they’ve been out, i found them just before our tip last week. Turned out to be handy for heating frozen meals in the microwave in our cabin, and as an outer bowl incase the oatmeal overflowed when my friend made her breakfast.
We use a combination of real and paper dishes (real utensils, though) while camping. These will be a good addition

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
After my last trip, I knew I needed to add a couple more modifications especially when I’m only on battery power. I bought strip lights to go under my awning rail and around the back. I also bought 12v outlet with USB. I plan to find a nice day, probably take a weekend camping trip to add my new mods then. Well if work cooperates as well. It would be my first time adding something electrical to the camper. I know mostly what to do. So crossing my fingers I don’t burn things down. I just realized I left the battery on my camper while it sits in storage. Luckily it’s disconnected but hope the cold doesn’t hurt it too much. Thankfully it hasn’t gone down to freezing yet. Luckily it has only been a couple weeks.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We finally remembered to order the longer/stronger antenna for our wireless rear-view camera. It does pretty well, but we think the glitches will be reduced with this, since the short antenna on the camera is basically transmitting through the metal-sheathed trailer. It should arrive tomorrow, so Courtenay just has to figure out where to install it and how to hold it there. It has a magnetic base, which isn't going to work on the rubber roof.
I got some cleaning done inside. I used the shower head to rinse the wet bath floor, as always, it reminded me of a couple of reasons we don't use the shower - at least it will be dry by the time I go in to do anything more. In camp, we'd be waiting for the floor to dry, or using campground facilities until it did, which we do but it's nice not to have to use them. It did help rinse out all the residue from snow/dirt that melted off the broom after I used it to clear the truck off in the snowstorm on the last trip. Irony is that we always leave the snow brush in the truck, it was just where I could not get to it, so I had to resort to the broom anyway.
I made a list of the things we have to do before our next trip, which will be the last one of the year, since we have this weekend and next to get them done. After that, I found the list we made on the last trip, I only forgot one item.
The new hinges for cupboard and closet door can wait to be done over the winter, but Courtenay will need to repair the door to his closet space now, it cracked on the last trip, or the adhesive on the tongue and groove corner gave up, I'm not sure which.

Karey

Apr 3, 2021
Colorado
I replaced the sink faucet with a taller fold-down one. The original was so short you could hardly wash hands, fill anything ... AND being so short, water would pool on the counter under the faucet and I was always wiping it up, hoping it wouldn't start leaking below. We had to drill holes narrower as this one isn't exact same size as other. The A-frame is winterized, so haven't used it yet. Hoping to do a heading south trip this winter.

Bought locks with cords to wrap around both the 2 propane tank's holding bar and the batteries.

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
@Karey…. I used to keep a microfiber towel nearby to dry up water after hand or dish washing. Good idea to replace the faucet. You’re right, a taller model does help with washing dishes & etc. Also, we always had to tighten the faucet after arriving at our campsite with our Aliner Classic. It would become lose during transport.

DH was having trouble with the rear Furion camera on KODI. Turns out, the lithium battery has a high wattage and was causing camera problems. He rewired it and now it works again.

I got new items:
  • Spice containers to organize the spice container.
  • Chef squeeze bottle containers for the olive and vegetable cooking oils. Instead of being different size containers that take too much space.
  • Command strip shelf for the TV and IRV radio remote.
  • iPhone, iWatch, AirPod charging station and USB charging station.
  • Non Stick Toasting bags to make breakfast sandwiches using the toaster.
  • Camco adjustable step.
Can’t wait for our next trip. We’re heading to the Colorado River. I found a spot at a State Park with water and electricity. And there’s an onsite dump site. It’s such a treat for us since we never have hookups. We rarely camp at a campground. I’m surprised to find a spot considering winter visitors are here through spring.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
Dixie has come out with a 34 oz paper bowl, not sure how long they’ve been out, i found them just before our tip last week. Turned out to be handy for heating frozen meals in the microwave in our cabin, and as an outer bowl incase the oatmeal overflowed when my friend made her breakfast.
We use a combination of real and paper dishes (real utensils, though) while camping. These will be a good addition
Oh I know what you're talking about, I bought some a long time ago, not sure what th size is exactly, I bought them for our sons while we'd be out camping, and they were staying home. They're sturdy too, Sam's club has them and real nice paper plates.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
switched from 12 inch bias ply tires to 13 inch radials (75 mph) and I am still sorting out the final wheel spacer thickness needed to stop rubbing on the door side wheel well (inside face of wheel well)

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Courtenay installed the sewer hose carrier today. It took some finagling, since the bolts for the spare tire holder were in the way. The old carrier showed signs of rubbing on the bolts, but it wasn't noticeable when we installed that one. Once released from the mounting pieces, the old one was quite warped, which is probably a good part of why it cracked. He used pieces of the old mounting cradles (or saddles) to make shims to avoid the bolts.
He's now working on a mounting bracket for the new antenna for the rear view camera. The magnetic base will attach to that, and it will be bolted to holes already in place on on the front roof vent. I think we'll be making a stop at the big box hardware tomorrow, as usual, it seems, we found every size washer and bolt but what we need (unless he's found something while I've been inside).
The broken closet door has been re-glued. I was able to measure the hinges, so ordered enough to replace all of the ones in the trailer. Not all need to be replaced, yet, but ones with the most stress are wearing away, black residue is a big hint. That will be a winter project, but at least we'll have them on hand.
I finally figured out how to wash the grill (& bottom screen) on the door, with Dawn Powerwash and hosing it off. (Helps that the new, flexible, hose we bought for the house actually reaches to the far side of the trailer, first time we've had one that would do that.)