November 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
finished making the bed and squirreling away extra towels etc. Probably way too many for this trip, but better than taking too few.
Today I remembered to stop at the dealer and buy RV antifreeze, so we can pink the lines the day after we get home. I was happy to buy it there and not head to Walmart so close to Thanksgiving.
While I was there, I talked to our service advisor and make an appointment to replace the black tank dump valve again. Surprisingly, I can drop it off the week after Thanksgiving - as crazy as the traffic in the service dept. was today, I figured it'd be after the New Year. I asked why it needed to be replaced again, after having it done a year ago then repaired, then dealing with the intermittent leak all year. We'd used the first valve for 7 full seasons with no leaking at all, it just got too hard to pull/push. She said they've had more than usual fail, so suspects they're getting bad lots.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
“But don’t worry, you’ll be charged full price” is what I get out of that… hopefully the new, new one works out better for you!
It seems to be a picky thing anyway. Our friends changed theirs twice themselves, but it leaked each time, beginning a couple of years ago. It's one of those jobs that I'm just as happy to have the shop do, since Courtenay has plenty of tasks on his plate, He did install the new water pump after the last trip, which requires lots of contortions and working blind for part of it. At least that was inside the trailer, out of the weather.

I ordered a clip-on do-hickey from an etsy seller, looks to be designed and made by them. Clips onto the lever on the emergency exit window, so it has more than open or closed. Not sure that part will work, since it's easy to hit the lever moving in that aisle (I won't say walking because it's not really). The part that should see use is a "latch" to keep the window from flipping out in the wind, which does happen to us at home and camping. Of course, we won't get to try it for real until next season.

Bullfrog Bheer

Super Active Member
Feb 19, 2010
Central Wisconsin
We had a brand new bag awning made at a canvas and awning place.
Old one, the zipper was ripping out and the bag itself was in bad shape. I thought all we would have to do is take the awning itself to the place, they could have it all winter long and simply manufacture/sew the new awning and bag with the original hardware to the same size and we'd be good. Turns out, they wanted the camper there so they could set it up and make sure everything was fitting and right. That's great that they wanted to be that meticulous. Trouble is, we already had the camper put away for the winter. So anyway we took the camper back out, took it there and left it. They said it should take a week to ten days. Two weeks later and we still hadn't heard anything and there was supposed to be measurable snow coming that week. That 32 year old camper has never seen salt and I sure didn't want it to now and I don't have a place to wash it this late in the year. Everything's packed up and put away for the Winter.
Anyway, they called the day before the snow was supposed to come and said it was done. So while I was at work, the wife got it home and we put it back away that night just before the snow the next morning. So we never even had a chance to set it up and check it out. I hope they did an awesome job, but I guess we'll have to wait until Spring to see.

Jul 20, 2014
We had a brand new bag awning made at a canvas and awning place.
Old one, the zipper was ripping out and the bag itself was in bad shape. I thought all we would have to do is take the awning itself to the place, they could have it all winter long and simply manufacture/sew the new awning and bag with the original hardware to the same size and we'd be good. Turns out, they wanted the camper there so they could set it up and make sure everything was fitting and right. That's great that they wanted to be that meticulous. Trouble is, we already had the camper put away for the winter. So anyway we took the camper back out, took it there and left it. They said it should take a week to ten days. Two weeks later and we still hadn't heard anything and there was supposed to be measurable snow coming that week. That 32 year old camper has never seen salt and I sure didn't want it to now and I don't have a place to wash it this late in the year. Everything's packed up and put away for the Winter.
Anyway, they called the day before the snow was supposed to come and said it was done. So while I was at work, the wife got it home and we put it back away that night just before the snow the next morning. So we never even had a chance to set it up and check it out. I hope they did an awesome job, but I guess we'll have to wait until Spring to see.
Wow! Anticipation!

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
Not really anything I did. But received an anniversary gift which were are pretty stoked about. Its a 52L Domende 12v cooler. Works great when plugged in at home. Was able to freeze water bottles, has an app for settings, can plug into a car cigarette lighter. Excited to try it on our next trip.

Attachments

• 20221114_145709.jpg
    20221114_145709.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221114_145730.jpg
    20221114_145730.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221114_145738.jpg
    20221114_145738.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 10
Jan 31, 2022
Arkansas
No photo, but I made some “shelves” that go over our countertops. The countertops are so low, I made these shelves so I could store things on the countertops and still have a work surface on top. There’s two, each with three pieces of plywood. A big rectangle for the top and two shorter side pieces for the sides. The sides/supports fold out with hinges. It’s not the most stable set up in the world, but it’s so much more functional than before. I do most of our cooking in the pup so I need that area for my electric burner and toaster oven. Yeah yeah I know fire hazard blah blah. I’m careful. At some point I want to stain and seal them. And stabilize them somehow.
The last time we tried running water through the sink it leaked everywhere. I don’t really have much room to pop it at home (we only have a small carport), so I haven’t seen about fixing it. It doesn’t bother me too much though to walk outside to get water.
I may make my first trip to camping world next month. Any tips?
We have one of those metal strips along the side you can hook things to. I’d like to try to get a box for shoes that can attach to that metal strip. Can I find something at camping world that will do that?

Attachments

• 8E2EA903-7B76-4BC1-9070-26D440DE892B.jpeg
    8E2EA903-7B76-4BC1-9070-26D440DE892B.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 4232D39F-7BE4-4BB1-BADC-911E8DE3DF36.jpeg
    4232D39F-7BE4-4BB1-BADC-911E8DE3DF36.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 14

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We had our last trip of the year, a week in Tucson, and got home yesterday. Today, we blew out the water system, and pumped through RV antifreeze. Fridge is off, cleaned out, and left to defrost until tomorrow. All food, toiletries, cleaning supplies that might freeze are now in the house.
i just have to finish a few more things in the next couple of days, before taking it to the shop on Wednesday/

ThroughLiner

Aug 30, 2022
Added a battery master switch to the A Liner, and also added the option to run the camper off a Goal Zero power station instead of the lead acid deep cycle that came with the camper. Should give us way more capacity/Ah... especially for the winter camping season.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Yesterday, I finished emptying out all the food supplies, toiletries, etc. that come in the house for the winter. Also all the bedding, rugs, and laundry is at least in the house - I have stacks of things yet to be washed, and others to be folded and put away, both home and trailer. I hurried to get it all finished yesterday because we're supposed to have high winds to day, and I didn't want to be carrying armloads of stuff in those. So far, the wind isn't bad, but at least the clearing out job is done.
Today I am making a computer list of all the supplies that will need to be restocked, from fridge, cupboards, and food boxes, while it is all fresh in my memory. I had a typed list used last year and this, which has so much added, subtracted, and scribbled in that it was time to start fresh.
The clip-on latch for the emergency exit window arrived, looks like it should work, but we'll have to wait until next season to try it out.

Groomporter

Jan 30, 2021
Minnesota
Today I am making a computer list of all the supplies that will need to be restocked, from fridge, cupboards, and food boxes, while it is all fresh in my memory. I had a typed list used last year and this, which has so much added, subtracted, and scribbled in that it was time to start fresh.
I wonder if there's a app for that... ;-)

Camping Party of 2

Nov 4, 2020
NC
Got the

AstroAI 12 Volt Refrigerator 58 Quart Portable Freezer Car Refrigerator​

and

Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater, Red-Black​

in

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Got my Grandpa Gus's (Rodent repellent) pouches spread out in the storage shed and inside the camper.
Sprayed around perimeter and removed food related items.
Bonus: Didn't know at the time but i pulled my pectoral muscle and tendon (According to Doc) while rolling the pop up around.
Woke up and could barely move my arm and thought i slept on it wrong.
Like a idiot i was in to big of a hurry to put the wheel on the jack and had to of injured myself
that way.