October 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

Karey

Apr 3, 2021
Colorado
For many, this is the beginning of the end of camping season, so time to do whatever form of winterizing is needed. Time to begin the monthly battery charge reminders for those who need it.
Thanks for your reminder every month. How long to you keep it plugged in?

Tiki-Dan

Jul 20, 2019
Put fan on the refrigerator for the Dometic problem child refrigerator last month and this month put a temperature controller to make it automatically take care of itself
When I get around to it, I’m going to be making a custom fan controller for my fridge that I can set via WiFi, and it will even tell me the current temp and fan RPM.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
When we
Thanks for your reminder every month. How long to you keep it plugged in?
When we were still putting a battery on the charger over the off-season, we disconnection when the charger showed it was topped off. (These days, the trailer stays plugged in, we found it clumsy with the dual 6v batteries, and they’re a pain to remove and install because the fit is so tight. The onboard charger works well.

BikeNFish

Super Active Member
Apr 24, 2017
Maplewood, MN
After winterizing the water system last week, this week I threw Fresh Cab into storage areas and other nooks and crannies. The only things left to do are to get the camper into the storage facility in the next couple of weeks and remove the batteries.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I had an idea so I went with it. Not sure how sturdy it will be with just one leg but I'll test fit it this weekend.
The table in our first popup had just the one "pipe" leg. It was enough support for that small table, the dinette converted into a slightly narrow twin size bed, so the table was a bit smaller than the one in our second popup and our TT. I was nice to be able to slightly rotate the table so the person sitting on the galley side could more easily sit down. [That popup was a 6' box, one bunk end model, so things were snug.]

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Thanks for that. Good to know with your example. It's not a big table so maybe it's ok. Just worried about wobbling while putting your arms on it like when playing cards and such.
The table in our first popup had just the one "pipe" leg. It was enough support for that small table, the dinette converted into a slightly narrow twin size bed, so the table was a bit smaller than the one in our second popup and our TT. I was nice to be able to slightly rotate the table so the person sitting on the galley side could more easily sit down. [That popup was a 6' box, one bunk end model, so things were snug.]

no Fries

Mar 25, 2013
Fort Mill
Brought it back to the house from storage. Found that some low life theif stole the sewer hose. Guess I have to lock that too. DW washed the black streaks off and washed the hole thing, now bright and shiny. Drained the water out of it, crossing my fingers we don't have a freeze in the next 3 weeks b4 we go camping so I don't have to winterize it.

craig heaton

Jan 26, 2021
Winterized it today (going down to 32 tonight). Also gave it a thorough cleaning and pre loaded a few items (a couple small folding tables, chairs, dog bed and waste water jugs) to reduce the packing for our December trip to Alabama. We usually try to get get away to a warm place every winter and often it's one of my favorite trips...mild in the day, cool (no bugs) at night. 🙂

tzmartin

Not here for a long time but here for a good time!
Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
Brought it back to the house from storage. Found that some low life theif stole the sewer hose. Guess I have to lock that too. DW washed the black streaks off and washed the hole thing, now bright and shiny. Drained the water out of it, crossing my fingers we don't have a freeze in the next 3 weeks b4 we go camping so I don't have to winterize it.
Ewwww, that's gross.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Good to know with your example. It's not a big table so maybe it's ok. Just worried about wobbling while putting your arms on it like when playing cards and such.
Not sure about yours, but my old camper had a single pole as well on a fairly large table (fit four people). It was fine so long as the kiddo didn’t lean on the table when she ate. Unfortunately being only 4 at the time she didn’t understand. So to say we had a lot of spilled drinks. It was fine with a casual arm placed on the table but you couldn’t put much pressure on that arm. If you were to use a laptop on one side it may lean a little on that side. The pole was great for legs though. Everyone was able to fit at the table without legs or feet having to straddle something or be in awkward angles. i did wish the pole bracket on the floor was recessed on mine as it was impossible to store things under the table when in transit.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Haven’t done much with my camper yet other than charge the battery. I wanted to go to an apple festival I used to go to every year near Gettysburg, PA unfortunately after getting Covid a few weeks ago I don’t have the strength or stanama back yet. Also probably isn’t very wise to be in a big crowd even though I’m not testing positive anymore. i do hope I get my stanama back soon so I can winterize my popup. I have time though. Worse case I can open the low point drains until I get a chance to pump antifreeze in.

theseus

Living the Darkside...
Silver Supporting Member
Feb 6, 2007
Centerville, OH
I'm doing several things. First I'm installing a second 100w solar panel. I'm swapping out the controller from a pwm to mppt model and changing the converter to a model that can handle a LiFePO4 battery. I have a 150 ah one coming.

I'm also installing tank heaters on all three holding tanks. My problem is that they have to be installed when the ambient temperature is above 66° F. That means I have to do it Wednesday as that is the last day for a while it will be warmer than that.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Not sure about yours, but my old camper had a single pole as well on a fairly large table (fit four people). It was fine so long as the kiddo didn’t lean on the table when she ate. Unfortunately being only 4 at the time she didn’t understand. So to say we had a lot of spilled drinks. It was fine with a casual arm placed on the table but you couldn’t put much pressure on that arm. If you were to use a laptop on one side it may lean a little on that side. The pole was great for legs though. Everyone was able to fit at the table without legs or feet having to straddle something or be in awkward angles. i did wish the pole bracket on the floor was recessed on mine as it was impossible to store things under the table when in transit.
Thanks for the input. My initial thought was that legroom was suffering with the collapsible folding legs so I decided to go the pole route. I'll be mounting it today so that'll be the true test.

tzmartin

Not here for a long time but here for a good time!
Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
Thanks for the input. My initial thought was that legroom was suffering with the collapsible folding legs so I decided to go the pole route. I'll be mounting it today so that'll be the true test.
Maybe there's a way to attach it to the wall or rail. A slot that it fits into would do the trick.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
After winterizing the water system last week, this week I threw Fresh Cab into storage areas and other nooks and crannies. The only things left to do are to get the camper into the storage facility in the next couple of weeks and remove the batteries.
What sort of storage facility do you use, indoor? Are they expensive? We have a friend who is storing it on his property, outside and up for an aliner, but it's far away, I'd like to have it closer to home. Looking into options.