our maiden voyage!!

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
So this past weekend was our maiden voyage with our N2U 1995 viking pup. We got to the campground Thursday night and set up just fine, no massive problems ... we had beautiful camping weather Thursday through most of Saturday until the rain moved in all the way until we packed up to go home Sunday morning. We camped out with my brother and his kids and my sister and her family. Lots of good times to be had by all! Anyways, we did notice while sitting in the camper for five hours before bedtime that right under the window seams on the bunk ends the inside canvas felt damp to the touch. The outside of our camper is vinyl and the inside is canvas and we were wondering if there is anything that is recommended to help waterproof the inside of the camper so this does not happen next time. It was really only on the front of the camper where the rain was coming in at, the side and backside of the camper felt pretty dry to the touch. I think its cause the rain was soaking into the window and then coming in through the thread seams, if that makes sense. Anyways, we had a great time camping all in all and have plans to go back next month to the same spot. I will post pics of the camper on her maiden voyage in my photo album

1995 Viking 175SD
Pulled by our 1995 Grand Am
and a wing and a prayer!

Michel

May 14, 2008
Nice camper! I swear the fabric inside is exactly the same color as ours :) You tow with a Grand Am? I am curious as my mother has a Grand Am (same color).

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
No, we pull with a Gran Damn. Its a 4 cylinder and is at about maximum capacity, but we don't go that far. You must have seen the car on the photobucket account, I just switched everything to a webshots photoalbum so the albums are easier to navigate. I'll have to post some pictures of the Gran Damn with its tow mirrors on all hooked up. lol

1995 Viking 175SD
Pulled by our 1995 Grand Am
and a wing and a prayer!