Paint Help

Moonlover

Apr 24, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I have a Coleman sequoia 1988. I actually lucked out, I got it from someone who wanted to scrap it, but it was still in great shape. We had many years out of it. But now it needs a lot of work.
I plan on using Black Jack Elasto-kool to fix up the roof, but I really need some more help.
What kind of paint do you suggest for the outside metal parts of the camper?
What do you suggest for the cabinets?

We have our main camping/Medieval reenactment event in August so we need to get moving on this. Thanks for any info!
Moonlover

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Just use Rustoleum. It available everywhere, doesn't cost an arm and a leg and holds up well. You'll want to make sure the surfaces are clean and you can rough them up with a Scotchbrite pad.

A few years ago a buddy painted his truck using Rustoleum and a roller. It looked like a million dollars.

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
The great thing about Rustoleum is it's available in a spray can as well and that's handy for touch-ups. I wire wheeled my frame to knock the dust and rust off, wiped it down with Varsol then brushed/sprayed it with Rustoleum semi-gloss black.

For the exterior walls, we used Rustoleum with a foam roller. I bought a gallon and there was plenty left over even after two solid coats and some touch-ups.

For the interior cabinets, use a foam roller or brush with an exterior grade paint. We primed with Killz primer, painted with Behr paint a few years ago and it's held up well.