Part question

Janda Cline

Nov 28, 2021
Does anyone know what this plate is called? This is the back but I am missing the one that goes across the front. The bed slides over the top. 1996 Jayco Eagle 12 UDK

Attachments

• E883335C-4A8C-4136-8A32-4FA83B6EEA97.jpeg
    E883335C-4A8C-4136-8A32-4FA83B6EEA97.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 32

Tarkus

Aug 15, 2021
Casper, Wyoming
That looks like a trim plate for lack of a better description. A metal piece to mate the back wall to the wood support. The wood looks to be rotted and if the screws back out, you could lose that one too.

Janda Cline

Nov 28, 2021
That looks like a trim plate for lack of a better description. A metal piece to mate the back wall to the wood support. The wood looks to be rotted and if the screws back out, you could lose that one too.
We are replacing the wood and the plates but can’t seem to find the plates

Tarkus

Aug 15, 2021
Casper, Wyoming
I don't know if you can find parts for your camper. If it were mine, I'd remove the trim and see what I could replace it with from hardware store.

Some of the BIG box stores carry stock aluminum in various lengths. You might be able to match up something that is close enough. You will have to think out of the box on projects like this. Think garage door trim, or rain gutters, or aluminum siding trim pieces.

For example, on my camper, I did not like the rubber trim that fits along the bottom edge of the roof that mates to the camper. I used aluminum strips with a rubber seal that is used for door trim. The pieces were not long enough, but I used two long pieces to achieve my goal. It certainly is not stock, but it gets the job done. I replaced all damage on my pup and I'm back on the road camping. If the trim gets damaged again, I know where to get more.

Another idea is to locate the same style camper that has been salvaged and strip it for parts. You will save a lot of money if you take your time and do the repair yourself. Some things are best left to the pros, but even they sometimes are not up to the task.

I have yet to find a repair manual for these campers. You have to be your own handyman.

Last edited:

Janda Cline

Nov 28, 2021
I don't know if you can find parts for your camper. If it were mine, I'd remove the trim and see what I could replace it with from hardware store.

Some of the BIG box stores carry stock aluminum in various lengths. You might be able to match up something that is close enough. You will have to think out of the box on projects like this. Think garage door trim, or rain gutters, or aluminum siding trim pieces.

For example, on my camper, I did not like the rubber trim that fits along the bottom edge of the roof that mates to the camper. I used aluminum strips with a rubber seal that is used for door trim. The pieces were not long enough, but I used two long pieces to achieve my goal. It certainly is not stock, but it gets the job done. I replaced all damage on my pup and I'm back on the road camping. If the trim gets damaged again, I know where to get more.

Another idea is to locate the same style camper that has been salvaged and strip it for parts. You will save a lot of money if you take your time and do the repair yourself. Some things are best left to the pros, but even they sometimes are not up to the task.

I have yet to find a repair manual for these campers. You have to be your own handyman.
We ended up going to Lowe’s and getting aluminum siding trim. Any thoughts on what to use for the roller that the bed rolls over?

Tarkus

Aug 15, 2021
Casper, Wyoming
We ended up going to Lowe’s and getting aluminum siding trim. Any thoughts on what to use for the roller that the bed rolls over?
That's going to be difficult without good photos and measurements.
There are many sources for nylon rollers with shoulder bolts.

Here's a sample drawing showing the rails and rollers, but no specific part numbers or measurements.

Rail Drawing

Looking for parts can be a scavenger hunt.

Here's one source but out of stock.
Nylon Wheel
But will it fit?

Last edited: