Plastic "Beaded Welt" for awning bag


New Member
Feb 1, 2007
I'm trying to find the vinyl/plastic trim piece (I have recently learned it is called a beaded welt) that is sewn onto the egdge of my Dometic TrimLine awning. The sun has caused it to crack and become very brittle. I don't want to pay over $200 for a new bag awning when the awning itself and even the actual bag are in great shape. I've found a single-edged welt on a the web but I'm looking for the split edge type the attaches to both the top and the bottom edge of the awning where it slides into the track.

It seems like a lot of pop-up owners are in need of a replacement bag only for their awning - seems like a golden opportunity for an upholstery shop......

1985 Starcraft Starlite19
1997 Toyota Landcruiser


New Member
Jul 25, 2022
Did you ever find the split edge type?, that is the kind mine takes, all I’m finding is the single edge