Pop up needing a rehaber.

MamaAnnie

Aug 11, 2009
Ewing, NJ
I have a 1996 Coleman Key West that I will gladly give away to anyone willing to come get it; we're in Central New Jersey. It's been sitting in my driveway for 12 years, and is in rough shape. If you've ever wanted to rebuild a camper from the ground up, here's your chance. In it's prime, we called it the pop-up palace: king on one end, queen on the other. AC, water heater, gas/elec fridge, gas heater, 10 gal water tank.

If anyone in interested let me know.

20181023_174125.jpg
20181023_174404.jpg

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Do the blinkers work?
You want it steve? Ill stop by and get it for you!
Tbh, doesn't look that bad at all. A power wash, strip the abs roof, and hope the canvas isn't that bad. When I bought the westlake, it looked similer. If

Alex de Armas

Jun 26, 2021
Looking at all the cracks in the roof and the way the AC is leaning, I’d say the inside/canvas is toast. Roof is done as well.

I don’t think a rehab on this would be cost effective.
I'm sure others will want to know how bad it is inside. Is there a ton of water intrusion and rot?

When was it last used?

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
It's sad to see a camper just fall apart, sitting in a driveway for 12 years. With all those cracks in the ABS roof, I would imagine there's nothing worth savaging inside. At best, the frame and maybe the lift system are still good.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I think it will still be water tight. The foam core is probably intact. Just the abs on the outside. As long as the ac gasket is holding up, probably no water damage. The foam core will not let water in. It will get under the abs and delaminate it, but not get in the camper. Like I said, mine was almost the same way. Closed up left under a tree in the yard for 10 years. And, it is in the same area. I would like to see it poped up also.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
I think it will still be water tight. The foam core is probably intact. Just the abs on the outside. As long as the ac gasket is holding up, probably no water damage. The foam core will not let water in. It will get under the abs and delaminate it, but not get in the camper. Like I said, mine was almost the same way. Closed up left under a tree in the yard for 10 years. And, it is in the same area. I would like to see it poped up also.
I do wonder about the front trunk. That I think will be the biggest weak link. Luckily easier to check.

MamaAnnie

Aug 11, 2009
Ewing, NJ
Honestly, the gasket around the ac does leak, and the trunk as well. And the canvas was on it's last legs the last time we used it, 12 years ago. When I say rehab, I mean gut it. I had thought of stripping it down to the frame, and rebuilding a new camper on it. maybe aluminum framework to keep it light. Or maybe build one of those Gypsy caravans on the frame. It's a project piece for someone who's watched too many YouTube videos, and wants to give it a try.

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
It's sad to see a camper just fall apart, sitting in a driveway for 12 years. With all those cracks in the ABS roof, I would imagine there's nothing worth savaging inside. At best, the frame and maybe the lift system are still good.

Indeed. I can't imagine having that sit next to my house all these years and not even think of using it again or selling it/giving it away before it turned into this. And the tow vehicle was sold without any consideration of what to do with this either.

At this point, you've possibly surpassed the point where people even want it for free. I'd spend a few hours cleaning it up to get all that gross crap off of it... in the grand scheme it's not going to matter because you're going to throw it all away anyway. But it might make someone willing to take it for free at least.

Sad situation and I hope some good memories were made in it at least.