Popularity Poll

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
We spent the day there and are so glad we did. It is very sobering. The area is beautiful and our GPS took us through winding wooded roads that have to have great camping areas.
We love history too and I want to spend a week camping near Williamsburg. We've been but I think camping will add to the experience.

Have you read, "they met at Gettysburg"? What a battle! The invincibility of G Lee, was broken there.

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
3 yo fell face first into it as soon as he stepped out of the van...

I shouldn't laugh, but this got to me!

We have three sons, all adults now, but all of them were like this! We used to call it "phantom falling".
One minute they'd be sitting in their chair, the next minute they'd fall out of their chair.

One minute they'd be walking along just fine, the next minute they'd be face planted in the dirt.

jerbear

Jun 11, 2015
Indiana
Please identify the place in North America that you would most like to visit on a camping trip and perhaps say a few words about why it's your choice. It doesn't matter if you have a realistic chance of ever getting there.
Hard question but I say Alaska . Sure I will never get there . Superman couldn fly without the pup but that would not be fun.

Dec 19, 2019
Have you read, "they met at Gettysburg"? What a battle! The invincibility of G Lee, was broken there.
Here I thought he was the lead-singer/base player for RUSH... But hey, what do I know, I'm just a frost bitten Canadian boy...
I live here in Beautiful British Columbia about 2 hours north of Vancouver. The camping and fishing here is epic, I welcome you all...
I grew up in Southern Ontario & learned to camp & canoe trip as a boy. Moved to NWT (Yellowknife), Alberta, Manitoba... all amazing locations for landmark locations to camp & amazing people. Drove the Alaska highway about 6 years ago camping all the way have to do that again soon... I was even "Hyderized" (Google it). But where I live here in B.C. is just a little slice of heaven, have been here for 20 years with my little family in a small town in the mountains... Camping and fishing is great... right here. Come and join us sometime.

Fordiesel250

Mar 28, 2010
My place is Alaska. My Dad and two sons were discussing going there and my Father passed away with a heart attack before we could make it happen.

CandiceMc

Jul 19, 2020
Manitoba
The Yukon without a doubt. I’ve been photographing abandoned buildings for 15+ years and have been dying to photograph the history of the Yukon backcountry and the amazing landscapes. Just recently bought my own TT after growing up with one as a child - I’m hoping it will give me more freedom to roam our magnificent country.

PA-Scott

May 4, 2020
Pennsylvania
For my personally it would be either Alaska or somewhere in Canada, definitely away from city light pollution so the sky's would be clear and I could watch the magic of the northern lights as they dance across the sky exciting the imagination of my childish mind. Making me feel like a wee-lad just gazing upward and wondering how we got so lucky to have this beautiful form of entertainment and it's 100% natural, not man made like Disney or Hollywood!

JunieB

May 8, 2018
Central Florida
I have a hankering to go to Santa Fe, New Mexico for some reason. Maybe because it's dry, and where I live is wet. The summers look not too hot, also. My only trips to the southwest so far, have been flying ones.

davekro

Super Active Member
Aug 30, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
Between storms, ocean warming and pollution, the great reefs of the world have been harmed greatly. In the 90’s We drove from Sydney to Cairns over 1 1/2 weeks (Amazing time!). Stayed in Cairns another 1 1/2 weeks. That trip is one of my fondest memories. Great, warm, friendly people, and I just LOVE the accent! I was very disappointed by my my one Scuba dive At the Great Barrier Reef. Hopefully our boat captain just picked a damaged part of the reef, but it was mostly dead with not much fish Population. I was so bummed... This was the Great Barrier Reef after all! Several trips to Hawaii, just snorkeling right from the beach we have seen beautiful corral and tons of exotic, colorful tropical fish. We need to get over to Hawaii after COVID... maybe 2021.

Tom Z

May 8, 2021
Heading up my bucket list is the giant sequoias. Though I lived in CA for over 10 years, I never got the chance to go - always working, with only one day off at a time. If I make it to retirement, that's the first place I'm headed.

Chip
Pro tip avoid crimeafornia at all costs. Gas x3 more than anywhere else on the planet. 65.00 dollar entry fee and 40 a day. Beautiful place but crimeafornia is just to well criminal for my taste you cannot bring a gun permit or not to defend yourself and would be foolish not to these days.