Propane Fire Pit Connected to Camper?

May 1, 2022
Hey, everyone!

My 2004 Coleman Santa Fe has a propane hookup on the outside for the exterior stove. Would it be possible to run an extended line from that hookup and connect to a propane fire pit?

If not, it's no big deal.

Thanks in advance!

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
Is it a quick coupler or threaded connection. A quick coupler is low pressure and fire pit will not work. A threaded connection is height pressure and will work. If you have a quick coupler you would have to run the hose to the tank before the regulator

Reactions: NLB
May 1, 2022
Is it a quick coupler or threaded connection. A quick coupler is low pressure and fire pit will not work. A threaded connection is height pressure and will work. If you have a quick coupler you would have to run the hose to the tank before the regulator
I'm pretty certain it's high pressure. I know it's threaded.

May 1, 2022
Then you are good to go
Great! Thanks!

Since I halved the weight of my battery by switching to LiFePo4, I figure I can probably put a second propane tank on the tongue and be able to better support other potential appliances.

Have a great night!

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Unless you're removing the regulator the fire pit came with from the equation (e.g. it's on a hose, and you're using a different hose), this isn't going to work.

I was going to futz with getting our portable grill working via the low pressure stove connector. After pricing out parts and how much of a fuss it was going to be (I would have wanted an exterior stove AND the grill hooked up to a single connector), I decided the far easiest and cheapest solution was to just put a Y-adapter right off the propane tank (high pressure). Then I just hook the grill (normally designed to take a 1 lb cylinder) with a standard hose.

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
You tee off the tank .......before the regulator .......... the fire pit has its own regulator. Just to add. stoves with their own regulator seen to work also.

Aeromoto

Apr 25, 2022
I did this out of an old back yard propane fire pit. I have a regulator on the tank, so I didn't need one at the pit. I have links in that thread for the long propane hose with quick connect.

Link