Propane Tank Mount

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
Ok, I know this has probably been asked before, but I'll go ahead and ask again, since I can't find any information on the subject... Where can I get a cradle style 20# bottle holder??? I found an example, but it doesn't look like they actually sell this.. http://www.whiteheather.co.nz/outdoor/cooking-bbqs/feature.php?id=C1950 I have seen this kind of bracket used on a Jayco PUP, and also my friends 2000 Viking...

031-1.jpg

I need to mount a single tank to the tongue of my newly restored '74 Coleman Brandywine. I put a piece of diamond plate here, as seen in picture, so I could mount the battery box outside on the right. Anyone have a solution for me?? I'm dying here looking for this thing.

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
Left a post on Shaman1's part out thread.. Doubt he has what I'm looking for, but I tried.

bupkis - I'd really like to see a pic of your setup if you could snap one... I was going to get the j-hook and wing nut route, but the only thing I could find was almost $60 for 2 of the shaped j-hooks, which I found to be outrageous. I couldn't use a wall mount, as my crank is right behind the diamond plate. I also already have all new gas lines and hoses, regulator and pigtail installed coming out up front. That vertical mount looks like a great find, but, you're right, awfully expensive...

robctry69

Jul 24, 2011
check ebay i went to double tanks on mine got the whole kit off there you might find something on there

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
can't find much for a single tank... do you still have your old single tank mount? that would help me out... [LOL] Mine came with double tanks, but when I rebuilt it, I decided to move the battery to the tongue and just go with a single tank.

robctry69

Jul 24, 2011
ive got it somewhere i think but it was just two strips of metal sticking upwards and a metal strap that goes around the tank would not trust it to hold even a empty tank just looked at the post better mine looks like the first link you posted but no where near as well built

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
but my question is where can I get something like that? or hell, it doesn't even have to be like that. anything to mount the propane tank securely will do. it doesn't make sense to me that a metal bracket like this should cost $100. Anyone have another alternative idea I might be able to utilize?

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
Full Circle - That's exactly what I'm talking about... My local dealer can only get me a double tank holder with the screw down thing in the middle... I might have to get you to get me one of them and send it to me, since my dealer doesn't carry anything like that.

Shaman1 - yes, I was looking for j-hooks originally, but couldn't find them anywhere. I'll PM you about them now.

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
that's a great looking solution. in the meantime, I'm picking up the j-hooks from Steve, and I'll see how they hold up when I make the 4 hour trek to Ocean City, MD. next month. I might just stick with the j-hooks if they do a good job. I don't see why they wouldn't do it just fine, most of the newer Coleman/Fleetwood pups came with those from the factory. But with mine being a '74, and originally having a dual tank setup, I didn't have any useable parts from the setup.

joet

Super Active Member
Mar 16, 2011
Elkins WV area
Full Circle said:
Is this what your looking for? Got ours at a local dealer, $25.

HPIM1168.JPG
If this style is what you are looking for, I have a new single tank take off for the cost of the postage, you are welcome to it.

StarCamper

Jul 6, 2010
We recently replaced our single tank with a dual and I have the old parts around here somewhere. The round base bolts down and has two supports on either side of the tank to secure it. Is this what you have in mind?

SinglePropaneTankHolder.jpg

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
i dont think that would work on mine, as my tongue is wider and my tank needs to be mounted further back.

joet

Super Active Member
Mar 16, 2011
Elkins WV area
the mount I have is like these only for a single bottle
joet said:
If this style is what you are looking for, I have a new single tank take off for the cost of the postage, you are welcome to it.

Full Circle

Greely, Ontario, Canada
Apr 4, 2009
Greely, Ontario
Just so there's no confusion if in the future someone is looking through this post, the pics i posted above are two single tank mounts, side by side.

GJReefer

Jun 20, 2011
i should have made the title "SINGLE propane tank mount" to avoid confusion all together. I want to say thanks to everyone who posted here for their advice and parts. You're all top notch people for helping a fellow pup owner with something as simple as a tank holder which is so complicated to find.