PSA: popupportal is for pop up campers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I think you know that most of the members came here because they had pop up campers first. And they stayed because this is a helpful and good naturtured site. I dont see anyone saying their particular type of camper is superior? Maybe I missed it? I think I help everyone when I can with any pop up camper issues that come along?

TBH, to say that I souldnt be here or to say this is a pop up site only and your not welcome is a bit disingenuous. Without everyone here, you would have a lot less people helping out others.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
And , we also have this sub fourm, if the portal was only for pop ups, why would it be here? Hymmmmm;) I know I am not that smart, but if the portal didn't want any TT , why make a sub fourm for others? And this is in direct response to your title.
Screenshot_20220915-163058_Chrome.jpg

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
When I read the OP my first inclination was to ask who peed in your cornflakes?

But as one of those evil TT guys, I'll just say that I stick around because I enjoy the company. Even though we never met face-to-face I feel as though I have good friends here.

Last edited:

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
OK, now I am confused. I thought this forum was for ancient art instruction. WOW ! I guess no art, got to change my drug infusions. LOL. Enough of that, I have never met any one on this site, however, I have found loads of Brothers & Sisters, who like my DW and myself enjoy camping. It matters not how, with what, in what, we are campers. Yes, we all have strong opinions about certain subjects. As stated if it upsets someone, do not read it, and most of all do not react to it, remember it's a personal opinion, not directed at any individual. ( except for no Scooter Bums/Trash comment, now that hurts a lot) LOL I have skin like an alligator, nothing bothers me. Everyone who knows me, state that I will be camping till I die, they are correct. Then my ashes will be poured on the mountain above Fort Davis State Park in Texas. I would help any one of the Brother & Sisters should they require it. We are a strange lot, but really cool, just ask us. Enjoy the camp. See you on the trail.

nitrohorse

May 27, 2015
NE Pennsylvania
I think in all fairness, the pros and cons of PUP ownership should be allowed on this forum so that people can make informed choices. Pointing out that some folks, myself included, have posted comments contrary to claims made on here to me is unnecessary. Listing all the wonderful positive reasons you own a PUP doesn't completely help someone who is looking to invest in a recreational vehicle. I meet a gentleman at an engine show who purchased a Rockwood high wall at an RV show. He told me he got caught up in the moment looking at the unit on display. He said he never thought of having to open the unit up again after getting caught in the rain. He parks the unit at a storage village as he has no place to park the PUP at his home, making the process of opening the unit to dry time consuming and difficult. He told me he regretting not researching PUP ownership better than he did. Over the years I've owned three PUPs, a fifth wheel, and three TTs. Although each type of RV is unique, there are similarities that transcend the classes of RVs. Refrigerators, converters, water systems, sewer systems, and heating systems to name a few are fairly standard across the board. If you look at my posts, you will see that I've always offer assistance when I can, and have continued to do so even after selling my PUP. Sorry if my comments offended some people. I thought it was fair to look at the other side of the coin when discussing campers/PUPs.

nitrohorse

May 27, 2015
NE Pennsylvania
This is a mini-PSA... I've seen a lot of posts in here (and a few elsewhere) talking about how pop up campers suck, I hate them, they are such a hassle, I upgraded to a hard sided camper because I hated pop up camping, etc.
Can you provide an example of where someone said that "pop up campers suck", and "I hate them?"
I believe this is more embellishment that fact, but I could be wrong......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts