Pymatuning - power question

a_d_a_m

Sep 15, 2022
Greetings one and all.

I have a reservation for mid-October at Pymatuning (OH) State Park. I am in a "premium electric" campsite - whatever the heck that is. My question is, does anyone know for certain if their power hookups are the 3-prong units like the one in my pop-up, or is it a standard electrical outlet? Just trying to figure out if I should bring an adapter or a few extension cords + power strips...

(Forgive me if this is a dumb or oft-asked question - the last time I pop-up camped was in the '90s and we definitely just used electrical cords to hook up at most places...)

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not sure exactly on Andover. Pymatuning. On what they consider premium. Most of the time. Premium means It’s it’s just. Full hookup, waterfront. View Or some times it’ has a concrete pad instead of gravel However MOST should have a standard. Electric box. With both 30 amp and 50 amp outlet and usually two extra 20 amp for extra electricity. So you should be fine

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
just out of Curiosity, I looked up a random site At Pymatuning. That was so called “premium “. The web only states 20 amp electric. Not sure what they mean, We stayed there as a rally group last year, however due to medical reasons I didn’t have my camper and only tent camped that week, But I don’t recall anybody complaining about there electric, not sure what site you have reserved, I still think you will be ok. However you may want to call in advance and make sure your site excepts at least 30 amp service

Attachments

• 9DE333A2-E6E7-4A78-AF6B-D3E55DB9228A.png
    9DE333A2-E6E7-4A78-AF6B-D3E55DB9228A.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 4