Rainy Weekend??

Hilldweller

Super Active Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hog Waller, GA
I do not cancel based on a prediction lol.
We had reservations at Mile High Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway. A hurricane headed straight for it, followed the BRP all the way up. Flooding, high winds, rock slides, downed trees, etc. Closed the Parkway. Only way to the campground would've been on the unpaved BIA roads, steep, wet, trees falling down.
So I cancelled. And my wife was furious....

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Gonna be soggy for a few days here, 'cane will hit Florida & head for Virginia as of now; in laws left early & headed back for Tampa Bay Sunday morning, wanted to install the bracing on their garage door. Their house was built to withstand hurricanes & they're somewhat elevated & should be able to dodge a tidal surge. 2-3 inches of rain maybe for us, need it for sure...

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
I feel your pain! We just came back from 8 days at our favorite park 6 hours away, booked in March of this year. 6 days of rain, 1 day of sun, 1 day of blah. 6 degree C nights, 10-14 degree C days. Was pretty crappy overall. They say, 'Don't complain, Camp in the rain'. Well, I was starting to complain....

Attachments

• PXL_20220918_224402670.jpg
    PXL_20220918_224402670.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20220919_153345505.jpg
    PXL_20220919_153345505.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 13

Hilldweller

Super Active Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hog Waller, GA
Gonna be soggy for a few days here, 'cane will hit Florida & head for Virginia as of now; in laws left early & headed back for Tampa Bay Sunday morning, wanted to install the bracing on their garage door. Their house was built to withstand hurricanes & they're somewhat elevated & should be able to dodge a tidal surge. 2-3 inches of rain maybe for us, need it for sure...
My aunt and cousin are hunkered down in Sarasota ready to take Ian on the chin.

It's going to be a nightmare. They're in a new construction home, built to hurricane code standards. But the older homes down there were built by the little pig that used twigs.

Last edited:

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
My aunt and cousin are hunkered down in Sarasota ready to take Ian on the chin.

It's going to be a nightmare. They're in a new construction home, built to hurricane code standards. But the older homes down there were built by the little pig that used twigs.

No doubt a zinger, wife texted her parents this morning but no response yet; older homes for sure will take a bad hit, now they're calling for a possible 3-5 inches all the way up here in Virginia, hoping it'll pass quickly...

Hilldweller

Super Active Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hog Waller, GA
No doubt a zinger, wife texted her parents this morning but no response yet; older homes for sure will take a bad hit, now they're calling for a possible 3-5 inches all the way up here in Virginia, hoping it'll pass quickly...
Wow. Paul had a very well-built home. No damage, no loss of power. And these work: https://www.pella.com/performance/impact-resistance/

My aunt and cousin will have to wait a while to go home and check their own houses though. I'm not as optimistic about that...

Florida really needs help.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Our rally at the Sewer next weekend is going to get hit hard. We head there Monday to get set up.
Yep, waiting to see wazz up, local station's showing less rain now, depends on the track; Carolinas will probably get smacked, was hoping it would track farther east...Governor called a state of emergency just in case...