Roof being a PITA.

Rob From SWFL

Jul 14, 2022
I'll try to make this short as possible. The roof was next for some fixing.... but. This issue literally happened overnight.
Roof will not close flush. Right rear corner only. You can see the slide just stop...
A few things.
-99 coleman utah
-middle of a complete rehab
-greased all cables, and slides
-nothing in the slides to stop it from moving. (Removed cover inside)
-nothing on the bed to stop it from lowering
-all cables are lose (same as other side)
-Goes up and down all the way completely level, until 1.5 inches from closing
-trailer is completely level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

20220905_163651.jpg 20220905_163657.jpg

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Shake it a bit. Sometimes when not level, it comes down a little off. I had to shake mine. Also double check its not catching on something inside.

djmello99

Feb 19, 2013
Anthem, AZ
My fat ass just jumped on it. Lol. It Just made noise. And I almost fell off. Haha! That's why I'm Stumped. It like something is in the way, blocking it, but I have it tore apart...and I see nothing out of place or in the way.
Strange…I haven’t run into that issue.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
A lot of times it has to do with not being level, or putting it away in an incorrect order. Could also be one pole has less slack the the others. You can ajust them. But first make sure you are level and following the manafatures way to set it up. Other wise the weight shifts and the roof gets a little crooked. I can see it happining more on the larger roofs also.

Rob From SWFL

Jul 14, 2022
After more shaking..... had a cable pop loose on the top slide (the one that refused to close all the way) looks like I'm going to try to figure out how to remove the one slide, and just rebuild it. 😬🙄
Thanks for all of your help!