Safe to use a BAL Leveler on a Rockwood Highwall?

Annunzi

We have a 2020 hw277 and have used the BAL leveler over the past year. It's definitely maxed out with the weight of the highwall. I had to use my impact gun to turn the screw, as the tool that comes with the BAL is useless.

Last trip, the impact really struggled raising the BAL and it's horribly loud, so I've switched to the Camco tri-leveller. It fits nicely in the exterior storage hatch under the kitchen. The BAL was also awkward to store. We used a pizza delivery bag to store it.

jonkquil

Super Active Member
Jul 20, 2009
I tried to use my BAL once with my HW. It was too much effort trying to wind it up, it was easy using it with my previous pup (Fleetwood Westlake) so I felt like I was pushing the weight limit with the HW, tried the Anderson Leveler, yeah....nope! so decided to go back to good-ole-fashioned blocks.

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
Weird. I never had trouble lifting mine with the BAL when I had a proper ratcheting wrench.

The wrench it comes with is kind of trash but I still use it without difficulty.

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Weird. I never had trouble lifting mine with the BAL when I had a proper ratcheting wrench.

The wrench it comes with is kind of trash but I still use it without difficulty.
I always used a 3/4" drive ratchet, but once you get to 5+ inches of lift it really was pushing the limits of me, and the product