Screen tents similar to the clam/gazelle

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
I know a few of you have the screen tents that are similar to the Clam/Gazelle type screen tents. I was helping my dad shop at Costco and saw an equivalent for a good deal and started really thinking about them. I already have a coleman quick setup screen house with the sloped sides and tiny top. I also already have a traditional canopy with screen panels but that's heavy to tote around so don't like to lug that on short trips by myself. How do you all like the Clam or equivalent screen house? Is it worth the money? How does it handle storms? I was reading the reviews that they are HOT. Unfortunately Its the summer bugs I would need the screen tent the most. We see humidity and the heat in the summer and if a screen tent feels like a sauna I know me, I wouldn't want to use it. I'd rather stink of deet and wear long sleeves/pants. At least I will feel a breeze.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
They get hot. They are not as heavy as the canopies. They will stop the bugs. I like mine, but dont set it up unless there are bugs. I was going to put a fan in mine, but i have not done it yet. Strong in the wind and rain if ties down , staked corectly. And if its cool at night, the added heat xan be a plus.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
was going to put a fan in mine, but i have not done it yet.
. Thanks so much for the information Sjm9911. Do you think the canopy top can handle a small fan/light. With the top pushing out I'm not sure how much pressure it can handle. I agree The added heat can be a huge plus too in the fall and being able to close a panel closest to the road to keep the dogs from barking at other dogs walking by would be awesome too especially in crowded campgrounds. Thanks for your input.