September 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

KeizerTrailer

Aug 31, 2020
Keizer, OR
Got the roof completed this weekend which makes me happy, knowing the roof won't leak anymore. Also replaced the galley drain so it would stop leaking in the cabinet, rescreened the door since the PUP was open. Just need to replace the safety chains and the door seals and I'm good for now.

Attachments

• 20220903_191126.jpg
    20220903_191126.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220903_191132.jpg
    20220903_191132.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220904_130515.jpg
    20220904_130515.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220904_131835.jpg
    20220904_131835.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 21

Startle

Sep 2, 2022
Got the roof completed this weekend which makes me happy, knowing the roof won't leak anymore. Also replaced the galley drain so it would stop leaking in the cabinet, rescreened the door since the PUP was open. Just need to replace the safety chains and the door seals and I'm good for now.
Looks great!

generok

Super Active Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Labor Day weekend was the last trip for us. So, on Labor Day I REALLY flushed out the tanks. I invested in a 3/4" hose and when I put the flush wand on the end of it WOW! A lot more pressure and volume! That black tank is CLEAN! I even got it to read Empty on the Box of Lies (tank status panel). I drained the water heater and pumped pink in the system, filled the p-traps, etc. I will say this: I was recommended a product called Wet and Forget for showers. I used it in the rig, and it really seemed to work well for me. Still putting it to bed slowly. Washing all the linens, towels, and such for vacuum packing. Also got the fridge/freezer empty and defrosted. So, it's winding down. Every end of season I insist I am going to do a massive detail cleaning on the rig so I don't have to do it in Spring. And every year I tell my self I pull the rig out of storage a month before we can camp and I end up doing a massive detail cleaning then anyway... we'll see how I feel this year.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Pumped some bleach water though the system. It's sitting there now. I have a dry camping trip coming up and want things as clean as possible.

I also fixed the outdoor shower. At some point it must have frozen and it pushed a plastic plug out of position. I put it back and PVC/ABS cemented it back in place. No longer any leak when on. But the rest of it was nasty. Mildewed, stiff hose, etc. I replaced it with a new, much more flexible shower hose and one of those super high efficiency shower heads.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
we took our Aliner into the Truck and Trailer shop for repairs:

replace damaged A-coupler (tow hitch)
realign and reinforce a damaged connection at rear of one A-frame tongue "C" member
replace rear bumper with customer furnished bumper (tube steel 3x2x1/16)

Got it back within 18 hours.

Last edited:

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We leave first thing tomorrow for 16 nights. Water jugs & "shower" jug are all filled. They'll travel in the usual spot in the truck (read, where it's difficult for me to retrieve them), so Courtenay will line them up next to the trailer before he leaves on the raft trip. Then I can add water to the tank without stressing.
Most everything else is in the trailer, except for last minute additions to the fridge and supplies tomorrow morning.
Pretty wide range of clothing, as well as bedding, since it looks like highs may be from the 60s-80, lows down to 40s, plus some rain. Flexibility is good!
Truck gets packed this evening.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
We leave first thing tomorrow for 16 nights. Water jugs & "shower" jug are all filled. They'll travel in the usual spot in the truck (read, where it's difficult for me to retrieve them), so Courtenay will line them up next to the trailer before he leaves on the raft trip. Then I can add water to the tank without stressing.
Most everything else is in the trailer, except for last minute additions to the fridge and supplies tomorrow morning.
Pretty wide range of clothing, as well as bedding, since it looks like highs may be from the 60s-80, lows down to 40s, plus some rain. Flexibility is good!
Truck gets packed this evening.
Sounds like your going to have a great trip.

Travel safely.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
First day of the trip. We stopped to re-torque the lug nuts, since we had the bearing done, brakes inspected. This trailer usually doesn’t need much re-torqueing, today it did, no ides why. However, we discovered the dust cap gone from one wheel. We had an extra, but the rubber cap had disappeared. We looked at a couple of places along the way, and 3 in Flagstaff. The ones we did find are pickier, and need a bit more work than just a rubber mallet. Finally thought of covering the hole in the one we had with the piece of tape I bought to have on hand if we need to repair the bottom membrane. now we have protection from dust and rain for the trip.
picked up some other small things at one shop, so will replace the pins on the anti-sway bar when we put it on in the morning.
our short water supply hose is worn out, we can’t stop leaks at the ends. We’ll use the long one on the other nights we have FHU, and I have a new, heftier one in my Amazon wishlist to order later.
We’re at the Flagstaff KOA, there are tents, popups of several sizes, as well as small RVs and TTs to the really huge ones.

Karey

Apr 3, 2021
Colorado
Looks like we're done camping for the year, unless we decide to go south to AZ this winter. Thought we'd do that last winter, but didn't, so will we this year? We'll see. I drained all the water and heater and toilet and cleaned everything. Should do the sheets and blankets ... Leaving town for a week, but not camping. Since we can get weather change to freezing while gone I'm going to add some antifreeze.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Labor Day weekend was the last trip for us. So, on Labor Day I REALLY flushed out the tanks. I invested in a 3/4" hose and when I put the flush wand on the end of it WOW! A lot more pressure and volume! That black tank is CLEAN! I even got it to read Empty on the Box of Lies (tank status panel). I drained the water heater and pumped pink in the system, filled the p-traps, etc. I will say this: I was recommended a product called Wet and Forget for showers. I used it in the rig, and it really seemed to work well for me. Still putting it to bed slowly. Washing all the linens, towels, and such for vacuum packing. Also got the fridge/freezer empty and defrosted. So, it's winding down. Every end of season I insist I am going to do a massive detail cleaning on the rig so I don't have to do it in Spring. And every year I tell my self I pull the rig out of storage a month before we can camp and I end up doing a massive detail cleaning then anyway... we'll see how I feel this year.
There is also a Wet and Forget Outdoor - i use it on the camper awning (and i also used it on the house siding) ....I cleaned the awning, sprayed on the Wet and Forget and let it dry...works great.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Now at the midpoint of our trip. We did end up driving in rain, with no recurrence water on the floor. Looks like adding marine caulk to the wheel wells worked. However, as I was working on hitching up to move today, most of the caulk on the right side seems to have disappeared. At least, I assume Courtenay applied equal amounts to each wheel well. (He's on a raft trip through Grand Canyon, I can't ask him yet.)
It was been much rainier and chillier at North Rim than the weather forecasts led us to believe. (Apparently remnants of Tropical Storm Kay) The solar panel managed to keep the battery topped up enough, even on one almost totally rainy day, so I was pleased. I could run the furnace as I needed, although (as usual) I tend to keep it at a conservative level (56 at night, 60 during the day, higher if I need to warm up for a short while). So glad I tossed in my down vest and a throw to keep my legs warm, I didn't want to run the 12v fan to warm my corner better.

Last edited:

generok

Super Active Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
She's all put to bed. Got the Stabil run through the genny, pulled everything with an odor or potential to freeze and wiped it all down well. I decided NOT to do the detail clean, but I did the basics. Loaded the side by side in there and pulled its battery. Took the rig down to storage and pulled the batteries, and put it to sleep for the winter. Set up the Damp-Rid and Dry-z-Air (which I prefer), and locked it all up. Come April, we'll get her out again.

I can't complain, we had a great season. We camped every weekend except one between May 10 and Labor Day. We had two 10-day trips too. Towed it about 4,000 miles.

Now I can let some air out of my TV tires and not feel the potholes so badly. Once we get a couple of freezes, I can begin parking the TV on the gravel pad the TH sits on. If I don't wait, I tear it up going in and out every day.

Went to an RV show today too... looked at a 5er we liked for our post-retirement tomfoolery.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Went to RV storage lot to air out the camper after closing it up wet the weekend before after my camping trip. The weather was perfect yesterday, 85 sunny and breezy and humidity was down too. So it didn’t take long for it to dry. As I was going around I discovered the LED light strip I installed earlier in the season had disintegrated. So back To the drawing board. I have no more trips planned with the camper, but still plan to take it out on any impromptu trips if I’m able.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
last weekend had a oops moment and backed into a pallet of firewood, bent the aluminum siding up, pushed it backed together as tight as I could by hand , then drove stainless screws to hold it tight, wrapped the back corner with corner seal by dicor, straighten out the metal trim peice. And caulked it. Not perfect, but more water tight than factory.

Attachments

• 824486BC-D852-4D2F-AB97-248D99AD66CD.jpeg
    824486BC-D852-4D2F-AB97-248D99AD66CD.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 26
  • C779FBCC-D144-4FE7-9A0D-FF084224E5AE.jpeg
    C779FBCC-D144-4FE7-9A0D-FF084224E5AE.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 0C5BB553-F4BE-42D2-9EEE-9A980757C157.png
    0C5BB553-F4BE-42D2-9EEE-9A980757C157.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 26

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
@vagov, Ouch! Looks like it completely bypassed the bumper. Did this happen at the campground or at home? By the way were you at Cadourus SP? I tried looking for you at the DOG but kind of forgot what you looked like it's been so long. [:I].

PDXpopup

May 28, 2019
Interesting timing on the corner repair as I've just finished resealing 2 of the 4 corners on the PUP. The one by the winch access door leaked a bit over the winter. I removed the trim, scraped and cleaned the trim and the PUP skin real well, put Bed-It butyl tape on the trim and screwed it back into place. Plus new RV insert trim.

I was wondering if I should just use some of the eternabond tape leftover from the roof reseal to wrap the corners, and then put the trim over? Or just use another tape/sealer product. @vagov Is the Puma just caulked from the factory?

I've never messed with Dicor on the seams, but figure maybe I should on a couple spots around lights and such.

Last edited: