September 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
hi Joanne, yes i was at Codurus for the Dog, however i did not get there until late Friday evening, so just chilled at my campsite that night, (which was a tricky site to get into) i came to the Sat breakfast, and was set up in the top parking lot. i did get to judge the scout troop cookoff which was fun! sorry i didnt run into you, would have kept a eye out, however i honestley forgot you were coming. hopefully run into you again at some point when we can chat in a less busy atmoshere. yes it happened at home sunday evening, as my parking spot in my yard has its own challenges as well.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
PDXpopup, i actually only bent the lower section on the siding, about 4 inches from the bumper, but after taking off the metal corner trim, i seen how cheaply they make these campers, the trim had butly tape which was marginial , covering about a inch gap of exposed wood where the side and rear panel meets. so i decided to run a piece of corner tape , (similiar to eternalbond) down the whole seam, seemed like the better thing to do at the time. may do the left side also at some point.

popup-flyer

May 11, 2021
Central Texas
I keep a 30 amp to 15 amp short adapter on mine with an extension cord for charging or cooling the refer. for a trip. I was backing it out of the garage with the handy dandy trailer mover for a trip this last weekend and took the Furion outlet cover off because it was closer to the garage door opening than I realized. New Furion 30 amp inbound to be replaced next weekend :/

If you didn't know this, there are screws on the underside of the cover that hold the it on the "hinges". I tried to slip it back over the hinges for my trip but with the slight crack it split all the way apart. Had I seen and removed the screws I would have had a cover on for the trip at least.

Last edited:

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
I keep a 30 amp to 15 amp short adapter on mine with an extension cord for charging or cooling the refer. for a trip. I was backing it out of the garage with the handy dandy trailer mover for a trip this last weekend and took the Furion outlet cover off because it was closer to the garage door opening than I realized. New Furion 30 amp inbound to be replaced next weekend :/

If you don't know there may be screws on the underside that hold the cover on the "hinges". I tried to slip it back over the hinges for my trip but with the slight crack it split all the way apart.
Ouch. That stinks.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Still camping, now in Mather CG at Grand Canyon. Newly paved loop, including site parking areas. Nice but it’s a bit higher than the ground now, so I have to watch my step exiting the camper.
I’m hoping our pull-up shelf, which I use for cooking and dishes inside, holds together until we get home and can repair it properly. The screws in the particle board are pulling out and road jiggling makes it worse. We keep
tightening and added match sticks yesterday. (No room in this site to set up our rain/shade structure and it’s threatening rain most of the week, so mostly cooking inside.)
We re-learned not to put icy things on the top shelf in the fridge yesterday. Fridge was at about 40 and we couldn’t seem to get it colder. The wire on the thermistor was loose, which was one issue. The frozen chili we had on the shelf next to the thermistor confused it into thinking there fridge was cold enough. I’d had that happen before with. Our ice, the fact the chili was as cold escaped me until we began troubleshooting.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Just winerized it, and bug sprayed it. Put down 7 sticky traps. Its away for the winter as I have no plans on going anywhere else this year. For the first time i am done when it is warm out and not rushing against an impending freeze. Made it a little easier. I did screw up and filled the holding tank with the antifreeze, lol. So, I wasted a gallon. But no big deal.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just winerized it, and bug sprayed it. Put down 7 sticky traps. Its away for the winter as I have no plans on going anywhere else this year. For the first time i am done when it is warm out and not rushing against an impending freeze. Made it a little easier. I did screw up and filled the holding tank with the antifreeze, lol. So, I wasted a gallon. But no big deal.
What. No Vermont rally?