Skamper Owners Sound Off!

Ponyknite

Jul 6, 2014
I think I can join this group. I've the smallest Skamper, a 1980 108CX. https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10509699_10203440818654178_5883122684660602086_n.jpg It's currently my latest project.

TheRoberts86

Jun 22, 2014
Here is a picture of our little 1983 skamper we bought in May. We've used it twice so far and love it! This was in Glacier National Park. we spent a week there, it's a beautiful place!

Here's one of our little one in the trailer. He is eighteen months old and loves camping!

saltycamper

Aug 26, 2014
Saw this post and had to join! We are owners of a 1996 21d Skamper Sport. We have owned it for 5 years. We are in the reno vs. replace decision making time of ownership. She's seen better days.

Ponyknite

Jul 6, 2014
If all that remains of the original skamper is the chassis, top, and hardware is it still a skamper?

Johnkos

Aug 28, 2014
Just bought a 1999 23L. Have it at my daughter to check it out before trying it for a weekend. Didn't come with a manual so I ned to figure out how to light the heater and run the 3 way fridge.

TheScamps

Nov 3, 2014
Hi all! New Skamper 100s (1985) owner here. We take posession tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands dirty cleaning her up!

I used to RV camp with the family when I was a kid, and in tents in my young adulthood. My husband and I live on a sailboat with our ancient cat. Traveling long distances is too hard on him right now, so until he 'goes home', we've decided to do a little 'land cruising'.

skamper100s.jpg

[email protected]

Camping is my soul food!!
Jan 15, 2015
Hi! I bought a 1990 something 170c (I think) Skamper made by Thor about one year ago. I love it!!! My last camping trip, about three weeks ago something happened in the electrical box thing. The two fuses melted and it smelled like burning wires. I replaced the fuses but the outlets and lights still do not work. I plan to work on it this weekend. I am open to suggestions for a possible solution!

SLegueK
Hollywood, FL

sgip2000

Jun 16, 2010
Hillsboro, OR
ptrf said:
Hi! I bought a 1990 something 170c (I think) Skamper made by Thor about one year ago. I love it!!! My last camping trip, about three weeks ago something happened in the electrical box thing. The two fuses melted and it smelled like burning wires. I replaced the fuses but the outlets and lights still do not work. I plan to work on it this weekend. I am open to suggestions for a possible solution!

SLegueK
Hollywood, FL

It's not uncommon for the power converters to burn out. The model used in many Skampers was pretty underpowered. I replaced mine with a Progressive Dynamics "Mighty Mini".