Skamper Owners Sound Off!

KyKamper

Jul 30, 2021
I am a brand new 2001 Skamper owner Model 17A. Trying to find info and parts are almost impossible until I found this forum. We have a bed slide that has gotten bent, the door fell of do to rotten wood above the door and one corner will not lift. We bought it 4 weeks ago, took camping once and everything was great until we started to take down to leave. It was like being in the movie the Money Pit. Geesh. Does anyone know the size, length of the back passenger side bed slide? I would like to start with this problem. Then I will deal with the roof rot. Floors and wood under beds are solid. Thanks!!
I just bought a 2000 17A, having problems with the door. Anybody have a good source for parts?

DaWallys5

Jul 29, 2021
West Georgia, USA
New to camping and campers...we just bought a 1989 Skamper 211c for $200. Cable broken and no keys, but figured, hey for the price, we couldn't go wrong. Got it home yesterday so now wife is cleaning roof and exterior while I replace the cable system. The information and input from all you nice people we have read thus far have made us glad in our decision to try this endeavor........

Arthur M Seifert

Nov 15, 2021
Hey all, I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance.

We recently came into a 1987 Skamper 212C and I was hoping someone here could verify the dry weight. also, has anyone had any luck finding a manual for this year?

Imthabean

Aug 20, 2021
Hey all, I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance.

We recently came into a 1987 Skamper 212C and I was hoping someone here could verify the dry weight. also, has anyone had any luck finding a manual for this year?

unfortunately, 1981-1994 are dark times. There’s really no data for these years. I’ve been looking. i have a 1987 build 170X, but it’s titled as a 1988 Jayco Skamper since Skamper, itself as a manufacturer was not listed with the state titling office.

as for dry weight, your best bet is to run it down to a near-by truck stop and scale it at the CAT scale. That’s what I had to do.
You can check the Nada guide, which shows 1060lbs. But I wouldn’t trust that fully.
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1987/Skamper/M-210C-211C-212C/6003602/Specs

My 170x was listed at 890 and I weighed it at 1020.

Jim Keeling

Jul 22, 2021
Georgetown, Tx
[{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)]

Would like to have a list of Skamper Owners. The list will be a good way to keep track of each other so we can bounce ideas, and tips off of each other.

Thanks,

HellsBells

1995 Skamper 12 by Prime
2003 F150 Super Crew
Hey guys, I need pictures from anyone of inside rook of scamper with roof air. Need to know where to put back up factory steel roof supports
Tks
Jim

Ky Kamper

Mar 18, 2022
I am a brand new 2001 Skamper owner Model 17A. Trying to find info and parts are almost impossible until I found this forum. We have a bed slide that has gotten bent, the door fell of do to rotten wood above the door and one corner will not lift. We bought it 4 weeks ago, took camping once and everything was great until we started to take down to leave. It was like being in the movie the Money Pit. Geesh. Does anyone know the size, length of the back passenger side bed slide? I would like to start with this problem. Then I will deal with the roof rot. Floors and wood under beds are solid. Thanks!!
I have a 2000 17A sport, trying to find owners manual/parts list. Do you know where to find one?