Socket genie

JerneyMoore

May 20, 2019
New Hampshire
Hi I need to buy an attachment for the drill to use with the crank and lift for popup. The photo is the brand discussed by pup owners on this forum. The price seems high $50! Is there a cheaper option? C1E5E464-25B0-42FC-957F-41B44306C67C.jpeg

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
May be a good odea to list the camper year make and model? Or put it 8n your signature. Looks like 3 cheaper options are listed in your picture?

bondebond

Super Active Member
Aug 14, 2008
I just went to Lowes or similar and bought an individual Craftsman 3/4" deep socket (currently $6.48), used my Dremel or angle grinder to grind out the exact same slots you see in the product picture. To use it with my drill, I got a "hex shank socket driver set" from Harbor Freight (currently $2.99 on sale).

You now have a tool that will raise and lower the roof AND crank down the stabilizers if you have the BAL stabilizers. I also adapted the tongue jack to accept this same modified socket so there is NO hand cranking - my drill does the majority of the work. But in the event of battery failure, all of it can still be done manually with the original cranks.

Because the stabilizers are fairly low to the ground, I added a universal joint socket adapter and extension bar. That way, I didn't have to be straight inline with the drill, near to the ground.

So, for about $9.50 and a little grinding, you get the same thing as the Socket Genie.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
I have one you can have for $15. Have had it for years. Will send it to you, if it's what you need, you can send me payment.

9 5/8 X 7/8, cut is 9/16 x 1/4.
Socket genie.jpg