Something I Learned About My iPhone 13

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
While at Devils Tower on my recent cross country trip, I was talking to another camper about photography. He showed me a beautiful photo of Devils Tower at night with the stars. I asked what he used to take the photo and just held out his iPhone. Well I know I could get a 10 second exposure but no way was that enough for the photos he took. He told me you can get a 30 second exposure on an iPhone only when using a stable platform like a tripod.

So here are a few of my attempts at long exposure shots with an iPhone.

thumbnail_IMG_4938.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4966.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4963.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4964.jpg

generok

Super Active Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Nice pics, and fun chasing photos of the night sky. But, once you start chasing them, it's a never ending hunt for the perfect shot. I occasionally will hunt aurora, and I am always surprised how well my Samsung Galaxy does, even with a hand supported shot. Best of luck on your hunt.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Nice pics, and fun chasing photos of the night sky. But, once you start chasing them, it's a never ending hunt for the perfect shot. I occasionally will hunt aurora, and I am always surprised how well my Samsung Galaxy does, even with a hand supported shot. Best of luck on your hunt.
Can you do the slow exposure? I have the same phone. Moon pictures always bad.