Tacky Lights Thread (Post your tacky light photos here)

cztardust

Super Active Member
May 29, 2013
I'll have to wait until our next trip to post mine... but our pup is a '76 Starcraft and I went a little out of the way to keep everything age appropriate. I found a set of the old plastic "can" style Tiki lights on Ebay like we had when my father took us camping. I thought it would be kind ova "retro" cool thing to do. It paid off when an older gent stopped by our site and was taken back. He had told us how it looked just like his first pup and brought back the memories of so many good times with his family when his family was young...
His reaction had me almost speechless as well thinking of how my dad would have reacted to seeing the pup, the old Tiki lights, etc. Next time out we'll have the old aluminum webbed chairs to take out with us to add to the set-up :)
The little things do make a difference sometime!

djturnz

Jun 13, 2014
136b8149a743f45ce3f2723d698e0eff.jpg

Our lights. The big globes came with the camper. The color changing LED strips I added.

edh

Super Active Member
Jun 2, 2008
I'm partial to a set of Dilbert lights that feature 3" long Dilberts and Catberts...

Maggiemoo

Jul 16, 2014
7eee965ce728db152d95816c78f1c2ee_zpsdpxvlwrf.jpg

This shows our tacky hula hoop chandelier and our bucket light. Just need to figure out how to get the hula hoop to hang evenly. It puts out a lot of light.

The Postman

You gotta love Camping!!
Jul 20, 2009
Wishing I was at Waskesieu!!
I do not have any pictiures, but we picked up a string of LED Christmas lights, and strung them around the edge of the awning this year. We acutally got two strings of them for 6 bucks at the costco auction, so now we are going to string some in the EZ-up as well.

Hoosier Daddy

Super Active Member
Jun 24, 2014
WHOO-HOO!
They are finally here!
Actually, we got them next day shipping from the Amazon Prime account but have been wanting them forever.

We got 4 strands of these little guys.

114906.jpg

sekmomof4

Aug 14, 2015
Oh man!! I love them!!!
I'm thinking something like this for ours-
$_12.JPG

It'll go with our hippie theme inside!

I forget who posted their pic of the wire wrapped jars, but I remember a few that I have that are similar with the fake tea lights that I can use as well!!

cyclop5

Silver Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2015
I think we had those Owl lights on our patio when I was a kid... I totally forgot about them!

Here's what we've been putting on our awning...

6jlnrr.jpg

krinen

Real Women Camp
Jun 18, 2012
Don't know how well you can see these, but they are actually quite bright and I love them because they are solar. I hang them with binder clips.

PATMD

SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!
Feb 16, 2009
EDEN, NORTH CAROLINA
I have a string of 100 pumpkin lights that I usually use, and also some NY Yankees lights. sorry, no pictures. BUT I think Xoltrax has the best ones I've ever seen! they are kitty cats on a string looking like they may be electrocuted and all fluffed out. I think it is silly and original, not cruel to animals as I am very much a cat person. I think they are really neat!!
PATMD [CAT]

Latest posts