Theft in Portland at an all time high

jonkquil

Super Active Member
Jul 20, 2009
It's terrible what's happening to Portland Oregon, vehicle theft is at an all time high. I belong to FB site called PDX stolen cars, it belongs to a group of people who search known chop shop/camps/areas looking for stolen vehicles and returning them to their owners. A lot of trucks, cars, RVs & trailers are stolen, stripped, trashed then dumped. Today I saw a pic that that was really sad, this was dumped in the middle of a road, someone passing pushed it out of the road! Can you imagine finding your pup like this?

Attachments

• 2aaa7f44437eb2bc65e5ba608e75cc2e.jpeg
    2aaa7f44437eb2bc65e5ba608e75cc2e.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 63

KeizerTrailer

Aug 31, 2020
Keizer, OR
Yeah...its getting out of hand throughout the valley. Salem isn't nearly as bad, but it's getting there. It is a shame they do this, but if no one holds these people accountable, why would they learn and change?

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
In my city, thank gosh, vehicle theft isn’t as strong yet. However your vehicle is by far from safe here. Air bag, catalytic converter, gps, and battery theft has sky rocketed As well as general vandalism like slashed tires, being keyed, or most recently painted. Police have other bigger fish to fry that these smaller petty crimes are often overlooked. Although the paint issue actually drew attention as an entire neighbor hood was hit. Another reason I’m hesitant to upgrade my vehicle. My 03 is not as tempting as every other new vehicle out there.

KeizerTrailer

Aug 31, 2020
Keizer, OR
Oregon used to be pretty quiet...but with our current climate, this lawlessness and other sorts of BS has come to a pitch and it's time to put and end to it. Since COVID became a thing, the things transients can get away with is outrageous, not to mention crimes...

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
Oregon used to be pretty quiet...but with our current climate, this lawlessness and other sorts of BS has come to a pitch and it's time to put and end to it. Since COVID became a thing, the things transients can get away with is outrageous, not to mention crimes...
Well said.

Startle

Sep 2, 2022
Moved into Corvallis four years ago. So naive, propane tank and battery gone off the camper. Battery and charger walked out of garage while we were working in the back yard. All at different times. Had some Mad Max looking characters set up shop across the street called the police, they get two days to move after the law contact. Three days later nothing. I call again and dispatch asks if I could talk to them and ask them to leave. This senereo has happened three times this year. First time asked to go talk to them. Were a very nice town the only tax proposal ever turned down is for more jail space. Very few laws are enforced here.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Geez sounds horrible, why the heck do the cops think it's a good idea to ask someone to go to someone's house and ask the neighbors to leave? I wouldn't want them to know I was the one calling the cops in the first place!

Startle

Sep 2, 2022
They always want my name and why they bother me. If I don't give my name probably no response. They say that won't give my name out but the freedom of information thing allows people to find out if they wanna jump some hoops. We have a wetland across the street, no houses and no cars parked there which makes it so attractive to motor homes and campers looking for a place to stay.

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Years ago when I still got the newspaper, we got a different carrier who thought it was ok to pitch the papers in the middle of driveways instead of placing them in the paper boxes on the mailbox posts along the road. As winter was coming, and I was afraid I'd get a newspaper caught up in my snowblower, ruining both, I called to complain.

I told them what street we were on, and that everyone had this happening. They said they needed my name. I said I didn't want to give my name because I didn't want them passing it onto the carrier. The told me they had to have a name, but it wouldn't be given to the carrier.

The next Sunday, my paper was in the paper box, and everyone else's was still on the driveway.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
Years ago when I still got the newspaper, we got a different carrier who thought it was ok to pitch the papers in the middle of driveways instead of placing them in the paper boxes on the mailbox posts along the road. As winter was coming, and I was afraid I'd get a newspaper caught up in my snowblower, ruining both, I called to complain.

I told them what street we were on, and that everyone had this happening. They said they needed my name. I said I didn't want to give my name because I didn't want them passing it onto the carrier. The told me they had to have a name, but it wouldn't be given to the carrier.

The next Sunday, my paper was in the paper box, and everyone else's was still on the driveway.
:oops: big brother (or however they identify) is watching...