Thetford C2 cartridge toilet issue

jillapollo

May 17, 2022
By following the directions in the old manual for this 1996 Jayco 1406, I’ve got the toilet tank filled and ready to go. Except that when I turn the large dial to open the flap and depress the dial to rinse the bowl, no water enters the bowl. The unit makes sounds when the dial is depressed so I think it’s trying (?). Any help or resource would be appreciated.

OTR1522

Jun 9, 2018
When you say the tank- do you mean the holding tank? There is a second arm on ours that swings out to fill and that is the rinse

Attachments

• 4B25CF40-9362-49A3-9078-E15B866D9F9D.jpeg
    4B25CF40-9362-49A3-9078-E15B866D9F9D.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CF157469-FC37-460D-9B3C-131CE49DF686.jpeg
    CF157469-FC37-460D-9B3C-131CE49DF686.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 15
  • 3CE0B3B6-EDAE-4203-B77A-D6335426F452.jpeg
    3CE0B3B6-EDAE-4203-B77A-D6335426F452.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 15

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
If the site glass is filled , then the tank has water. Then you need to see if the tubes are conected to the pump in the water. If it makes a sound i assume the fuse is good. Its most likely a tube that fell off the pump, clogged pump from stuff in the tank or a bad pump. Easy enough to fix. Not sure where yours opens up, I had a bellows and had to take the bellows apart to get into the tank. Search the portal, pumps can be sourced on ebay for less. Good luck

jillapollo

May 17, 2022
If the site glass is filled , then the tank has water. Then you need to see if the tubes are conected to the pump in the water. If it makes a sound i assume the fuse is good. Its most likely a tube that fell off the pump, clogged pump from stuff in the tank or a bad pump. Easy enough to fix. Not sure where yours opens up, I had a bellows and had to take the bellows apart to get into the tank. Search the portal, pumps can be sourced on ebay for less. Good luck
Thank you for your insight. I’ll have a look in the next few days.

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
If your hearing the clicking of the relay then the pump motor is probably locked up we just replaced ours for the same reason. There are non OEM replacement for a lot less then OEM on Amazon and eBay

rdyck

Dec 3, 2017
Victoria, B.C.
Ours did that, the check valve at the bottom of the bellows had failed, so when we twisted the large knob it would just move the water back and forth in the tubing, but not actually into the bowl.
The part (new bellows and check valve) was still available then (a few years ago) but a hassle to get shipped up to Canada.
We just flushed pee down with no water, and for the big jobs used a jug of wate, or the shower head to flush.
I did consider installing a windshield washer pump and bypassing the bellows pump, but we sold the pup and went to the darkside before I got to it.

Looks like this would be the part.

nate4surf

Nov 23, 2020
By following the directions in the old manual for this 1996 Jayco 1406, I’ve got the toilet tank filled and ready to go. Except that when I turn the large dial to open the flap and depress the dial to rinse the bowl, no water enters the bowl. The unit makes sounds when the dial is depressed so I think it’s trying (?). Any help or resource would be appreciated.
I had this happen to me. You need to ‘overfill’ the tank. Meaning put the green spout on it and fill it ‘higher’ than the top of the grey. If you don’t put the green spout on then you won’t get water into the reservoir only in the grey tube but it will look like you have it full.

Rob Roy

Sep 9, 2019
On my 1991 Jayco 1206, I had a Thetford cartridge toilet, and had to replace the electric pump. It is pretty easy to do. It was located under the toilet paper holder and has a single screw on a plastic bracket on top that holds it down in the water reservoir. Cut the wires and attach the new one. I used heat shrink over the connection to keep it dry. Good luck!

Asonnenshine

May 25, 2021
The previous owner had used blue stuff in the tank. That caused the pump motor to freeze up. I bought an OEM pump on Amazon and installed it just like Rob Roy described above. Works fine now, not too difficult to fix.

Everett Bartlett

Aug 2, 2020
Southern Nevada
I have to wonder how many of the cassette toilets have been messed up by putting the Blue stuff in the wrong tank. When I got my trailer, I drained About a gallon and a half out of it. I have flushed the tank with water numerous times, and it still has a Blue tint to the water. Luckily my system is the manual system. Still it was a mess to clean up.