Thinking of selling ; (

jackquontee

Apr 24, 2013
I know how you feel.

I have 13 and 14 yo sons who I used to have every other weekend but who, now that they are in their teens, are more interested in sports and their young social lives, so I may see them once a month now. I force them out a few times a year but I'm trying to be careful about "forcing" them to do anything they don't enjoy. My initial thought was that I'd just go by myself but that'll mean no time with my kids. So, for now, it's just the few times a year, and a sacrifice I'll have to make until they are off on their own.

Ziggs76

Apr 21, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I am also in a similar situation. I wish I had an answer for you. No kids, but DW isn't into camping, or more specifically doesn't like the packing/unpacking and preparation. I am not going to sell because there is little value in our PUP, but I find we are using less and less. I have considered going to the darkside, but that's not really the issue. It is the work around the house to get ready she hates (dishes, laundry, cleaning etc..). I do go by myself, but that usually causes tension between us as well because I'm doing something fun without her, so I only do that once or twice a year. I am trying to do what others have suggested above and mixing up our vacations and doing things other than camping, but it's hard, in my heart I always want to be camping. Good luck, don't give up.

fallsrider

Super Active Member
Nov 16, 2006
NC
I know your situation has to be disappointing. When you really want to do something you enjoy, but can't, that's not easy. If your DH enjoyed camping, you could take your youngest son and go as often as you wanted, whether he wanted to or not.

You have already addressed the only suggestion I would have, and that is a TT. That didn't work for you. A TT for us, however, kept us camping. We would have given up camping altogether if we had to use a pup. It was the setup/breakdown that killed us.

I wish you well in whatever you decide. I know it is not easy.

Kettlebelle

Jan 25, 2014
You're a teacher, so you know about the effects of primacy and recency... set up and tear-down are unfortunately bound to be memorable. Sounds like you don't have very many pop-up trips under your belt, is that correct? It gets so much easier after a number of trips. We get faster each time, and part of it is knowing what not to bring, another is when to start putting our crap away (NOT the morning we pack up!).

wusthof

Apr 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
that really sucks.....sell it....no point if ur hubby doesn't like it! put the money in your pocket and you guys can do something with it.......just don't pay off bills.....my .02

bklyon

Jul 20, 2015
I hope you can figure out a compromise. My dear friend has a similar situation so she and I plan at least one (we average two) girls weekends every year. We've grown from a group of 3 to 10. It's something we always look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maggiemoo

Jul 16, 2014
A lot of women are getting into camping--glamping. You don't have to have a vintage camper just a love of camping. Do a search to see if there is a group of women in your area. There is a Facebook page called Glampers on the Loose.

Latest posts