Time for a new grill

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Six or seven years ago I gave my next-door neighbor $20 for an O'Grille tabletop grill. I don't know how long he had it but it was a high-end grill and in like-new condition. It was perfect size for DW and me and served us well. But all good things come to an end and it was the same with the little O'Grille.

After considerable research, we settled on a Char-Broil Grill2Go X200. The product description includes TRU-Infrared cooking system. I don't know what that means but so far this thing cooks like a champ. The thermometer goes up to 650 degrees and this will bury the needle. I've only used it a couple times, but the high temp gives you a nice sear on your steaks, chops or Earl Campbell Hot Links [CK], then you can turn down the heat to finish cooking.

Finally, after we're done cooking I've turned the heat back up for a few minutes and it acts like a self-cleaning oven that burns off any cooking residue. All that's left is a little ash. This is nice since we keep in the trailer and don't have to worry about attracting bugs.

20220903_191250.jpg

20220903_191515.jpg

Last edited:

WimStang

Jul 17, 2022
Nice. Glad you found what you wanted. I went through the same thing a few weeks back. I have an Aliner so want to save space and ended up with the Coleman Grill with side burner. It works great and has a small foot print when in storage.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
I saw those before, they seemed like pretty nice units. I probably would have gotten one but found my Weber Q1200 on clearance for a steal at Target many years ago. I think yours gets hotter, but I really like the flip out shelves on mine.

Can the Charbroil be adapted to the low pressure quick disconnect like the Weber?

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Get a blackstone griddle. Lots of info here on them. Also, if you have a lp connect, they convert to your connection.
We have no interest in a Blackstone. I know they're popular, but I prefer steaks, burgers, chicken, etc. grilled over a fire rather than fried. It's normally just DW and me so we use a cast iron skillet for bacon, sausage and eggs.

WimStang

Jul 17, 2022
Yup, campfire is great way to cook, but you have to be patient and plan well. For quick meals we will pull out the Coleman grill and fire it up...not quite as good as wood fired, but excellent nonetheless. Blackstone was too heavy for us, to cart along, so we passed on it. Each to their own.

MNTCamper

Super Active Member
Jun 14, 2014
MN
I have one of the small rectangular black steel propane grills. The kind where the legs fold up to hold the top and the propane regulator attaches to the steel pipe on the end. It uses one lb propane bottles.
Very easy to pack, last one lasted eight years. When on sale, they are $25 and work surprisingly well. Keep a little grill brush in there and it stays pretty clean.

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
I have one of the small rectangular black steel propane grills. The kind where the legs fold up to hold the top and the propane regulator attaches to the steel pipe on the end. It uses one lb propane bottles.
Very easy to pack, last one lasted eight years. When on sale, they are $25 and work surprisingly well. Keep a little grill brush in there and it stays pretty clean.
That sounds like the one I have it's a weber and I think it's pack and go. I got it about 12 years ago. Just last month the flavor shield a tent shape vented pice of sheet metal between the flame and grill rusted through. I bought a replacement stainless steel replacement part.

Out camping, hope to check out the new part tonight.

PS: I found an old king size pillow case was the right size to pack it up in. Keep the mess inside the case.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
We have no interest in a Blackstone. I know they're popular, but I prefer steaks, burgers, chicken, etc. grilled over a fire rather than fried. It's normally just DW and me so we use a cast iron skillet for bacon, sausage and eggs.
Got a 1 burner BS a few months ago, wife said the same thing, hook the Webber back up lol

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
I'm with ya' there!

Losing a grill can be hard. Finding a replacement was so hard for me, I decided to replace everything on mine, and I should get another 3 years or so out of it. Sooner or later, the bottom is going to rust out or something, but I like that little sucker.