Trim screw cover replacement

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Looks like this product is readily available. However I've got 2 questions:

1. What's the easiest way to remove/install this stuff.
2. Any ideas why the whole trailer is fine except the one piece on the driver's side roof of the trailer is all dry rotted? (Trailer is mainly stored indoors so I don't think this side sees more sun exposure.)
Screenshot_20220820-203623_Amazon Shopping.jpg 20220820_201154.jpg

bupkis

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
on my 88 HiLo it is very brittle in places, it falls apart and I dig it out, not to difficult. A few places the upper and lower groove are bent and I just open it up with putty knife, screw driver etc.
Install is easy cuz its so flexible, I stick one side in all the way along and come back and bend it so the top slides in.
I have curves and pulling it from one end to the other did not work, might be able to pull it on straight aways.
The hard part is at the ends where it needs to be trimmed/folded under itself and pushed in to the grove on top and bottom.

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Thanks @bupkis
Did you put any sealant on either leading edge? I noticed that it's folded back on itself there as you suggested, but I'm wondering if I should put some sealant under the first few inches of either side to avoid any water ever seeping in.