What not to do at a campground

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
That’s sad no one wanted to help the individual. One would have thought someone there would have an f350 or something and could give them a little boost. Or as mentioned above enough people chip in push it out of the way. Heck even in a city you find people pushing cars out of the way. Probably, has absolutely nothing to being neighborly but more to free up the road here. But everyone is happier, and safer so they both win. Now if the person stuck absolutely refused help from anyone, yeah I can see a ton of pissed off people and they better hope they don’t camp there or people would harass them to no end. That’s when you would see every unspoken camp rule broken.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Do not know the details of the incident, however not helping a fellow camper is unforgivable. We are all different, but one constant is we love camping. I can say, after all the years of camping, I have never run across our Brothers, and Sisters that would not offer help. God Bless our Camping Family. See you on the trail.

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
Probably was broken so it could not be easily pushed. Like a locked up brake caliper or rear end . Tranny could be jammed between gears.

karen Hoffmeister

Nov 6, 2021
That’s sad no one wanted to help the individual. One would have thought someone there would have an f350 or something and could give them a little boost. Or as mentioned above enough people chip in push it out of the way. Heck even in a city you find people pushing cars out of the way. Probably, has absolutely nothing to being neighborly but more to free up the road here. But everyone is happier, and safer so they both win. Now if the person stuck absolutely refused help from anyone, yeah I can see a ton of pissed off people and they better hope they don’t camp there or people would harass them to no end. That’s when you would see every unspoken camp rule broken.
Or an Aliner is nice....😄

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Been dang nigh 9 months since the mishap occurred, wonder if all involved at the time are feeling better about themselves & others? [8D]

Ger

Apr 24, 2021
Boston MA
Not quite the same, but two weeks ago on our last trip, an older couple's golf cart broke down right in front of my campsite with smoke pouring from the battery compartment. I went over and offered them a tow. I got a rope and tied it to the hitch of my Highlander, the missus got in the car with me to provide directions to their seasonal campsite while the man steered their golf cart. Just kind of the thing fellow campers do I guess. It was no inconvenience for me and I got to meet some other campers!

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Veering off-topic, but a bit related. When I was a kid, I grew up in northern Iowa near Forest City, where Winnebago campers are made. They always had an entry in the Clear Lake 4th of July parade (my favorite was when they decked one out to look like the flying Winnebago in SpaceBalls).

Anyway, one year they had a huge Class A pusher in the parade. We were seated right at the beginning, and the RV turned the initial corner from the staging area... and the brakes locked up. The parade came to a standstill for a good 5 minutes while the authorities tried to figure out what to do. They sent around a marching band and a couple other smaller entries, but then the next entry was a huge semi tractor trailer with a country band playing on it. The RV was situated smack in the middle of the road, right after the tight corner, so the semi was having trouble maneuvering. But the driver made several attempts, turning, backing up, the parade marshals moved some of the crowd back so he could get a bigger turn... and just when it looked like he was going to make it, the RV's air brakes made a loud "CHUFF" and unlocked, and the driver cheered and drove on as if nothing had happened lol.

This whole ordeal probably made a 10 minute gap in the parade.