What will they think of next?

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Won't be cheap for sure...It might save a few bumpers and tail gates for the less experienced[:D]

Apache05

Sep 26, 2020
Sure wish they could concentrate on building a damn trailer that won’t fall apart first… THEN come up with new features to break!
Thats the same reason I keep telling the young people, I would rather spend 50 grand on a classic car that I can fix myself versus one with all the electronic ****..sorry for the language that costs thousands to fix..I had a canned ham..but it was a bit claustrophobic for me..if I could make one work with a few more windows Id be good

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
some years ago, i came across a company in Australia (i think) that marketed a drive system that you could put on your trailer that did this. I found it when i was looking for ways to manuver my trailer - can't find it now though, so i wonder if they went out of business??

Lug_Nut

May 29, 2016
Mt. Wachusett area, MA
I would rather spend 50 grand on a classic car that I can fix myself versus one with all the electronic **** that costs thousands to fix.
Be careful what you wish for.....
The expenses on my "classic" are quickly approaching, if they haven't already exceeded, that $50k amount.
And the car is assessed and insured at a value of $12k.
And it's out of commission, again. (this time for front drive constant velocity joints)
The hours (months? literally 10 years) spent, even at prevailing minimum wage, would raise that to .... I don't want to think about that.

But, 'smiles' per gallon makes it worth the monetary and time costs.

Apache05

Sep 26, 2020
Be careful what you wish for.....
The expenses on my "classic" are quickly approaching, if they haven't already exceeded, that $50k amount.
And the car is assessed and insured at a value of $12k.
And it's out of commission, again. (this time for front drive constant velocity joints)
The hours (months? literally 10 years) spent, even at prevailing minimum wage, would raise that to .... I don't want to think about that.

But, 'smiles' per gallon makes it worth the monetary and time costs.
But it still a classic and way cooler looking than the stuff now a-days..and the new camaro's to me look more like the old ford mustangs..I live near Sioux Falls and there were a whole lot of classics..and one that went by on the interstate that Im trying to figure out what it was..lol was my favorite color and way to cool..even the 15yr old granddaughter wants one!!! Teaching them right..and she can change oil and stop and help to 20 something year olds jump start their car..guessing it was the alternator as it stopped while moving.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
consdering that I aggravated the cist in my lower spine again moving our camper around at the relatives house (whil eon vacation) , there is likely a market for this feature for older camping humans.