What would you seal this with?


Super Active Member
Jul 20, 2009
The bituem (I think that's what it is) has dried and flaked off where it was squeezed out of the seam. I feel like I need to seal the whole length of the seam.

I'm thinking either RV sealant or Dicor, what would you guys use?

See pic.


  • 20230304_095752.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 32


Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Usually what's under trim, lights, vents, etc. is buytl tape. For caulking, an RV caulk is what we use (after using silicone a long time ago, before the days of the Portal, and paying the price of trying to re-caulk again later on). Dicor is one brand, we usedanother RV brand from our dealer last year or the year before, when they were out of Dicor. Self-leveling for horizontal surfaces, non-self leveling for vertical or sloped areas.


Active Member
Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
This product in the pic is what the factory will have put around your 4 corner end caps of the roof. The side rails would have a water proof tape product under them (butyl tape). To fix it to factory specs you'd have to pull it all apart and replace the tape, then reseal the corners. I wouldn't open that can of worms, just use the same product as the corner caps


Active Member
Jan 1, 2022
Chico, CA
Eternabond tape is great. You could buy it a couple of inches wide and fold it over the top. A little more difficult to remove if you ever had to but it will seal it wonderfully.