Where to find new foam mattress covers?

92stevecoleman

Aug 16, 2022
We recently purchased a 1992 Coleman Americana Le and found some mildew inside the zip up mattress upholstery. I found some threads with info on where to get new foam, but I can't seem to find fitted mattress sleeves that aren't custom.
Please help!
Thanks

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
We bought 3 inch memory foam and cut it to fit for on top of our factory mattresses...3 inches added much needed comfort and allowed
the top to close so we can just leave them on there without having to mess with them when tearing down and packing up.

jfilz

May 11, 2012
Nearly all popups and even normal travel trailers say they have twin/queen/king beds... In reality they are often "short" non standard versions. Cut down over size foam to fit. Local seamstress or upholstery can make a new cover... even local mattresses manufacture may custom make to your exact size too.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The fact that each manufacturer, sometimes each model, seems to have beds that have slightly different sizes is one factor in not finding off-the-shelf covers. If you can't wash the original well enough, you might find an upholsterer or other place that can make a custom one. I can sew, so I made my own zippered cushion covers when we renovated our first popup.
At quick glance, with the very slow internet we have at this campground, it looks like colemanpopupparts may have some cushion covers, but I didn't have patience to look at all the pages to see all the sizes they have at the moment.
You might also simple cover the cushions with a fitted sheet. Many use the jersey sheets in a size smaller than the more-or-less size of the mattress as sheets, so that might work as a cover.

TanyaP

Aug 17, 2022
We had to replace all foam. I got a twin memory foam mattresse from ikea and cut it to fit the dinette/bed and covered the foam and boards with simple canvas drop cloth.

Ikea foam mattresses worked really well for the beds too, though they are a bit too long but easily trimmable.

We got Aller-ease full zip mattress covers for the new mattresses to protect from moisture and stains.

Latest posts