Where to store portable waste disposal tank

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
My Coleman Bayside Elite's manual says to store the "tote-along"portable waste disposal tank up under the trailer frame with the two locking latches, but I can't find said latches. Does anyone know where these are located?

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Does it show the general location? If so, look around that location for bolt holes and such. The actual latches may be long gone but you may be able to fabricate replacements.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Does it show the general location? If so, look around that location for bolt holes and such. The actual latches may be long gone but you may be able to fabricate replacements.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll get under it again and take another look around.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
I would test the tank before purchasing a new bracket. It will most likely be expensive. Dealing with gray water can be a pain when in a portable tank. I use a 5 gallon jerrycan and even that is a pain to dump. Try before you buy, just saying.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Some make thier own with angle iron, like a tossed out bedframe cut and bolted to the bottem of the pup. Other ideas, emty it may fit ok on the back bumper. Usally I never say put anything on the bumper, but you may find a way to add it their.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Some make thier own with angle iron, like a tossed out bedframe cut and bolted to the bottem of the pup. Other ideas, emty it may fit ok on the back bumper. Usally I never say put anything on the bumper, but you may find a way to add it their.
You're right, i could probably fabricate something to mount it up under there, and that tank doesn't weigh much at all. And if it'll get me some extra space in the front storage box I'll take it.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I had mine in the front storage box. And was also looking for a better place. Sold the pup before I made it. But it was going to be a bed frame cut up and mounted underneath.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
As I wrote, I use a 5 gallon jerrycan, which I store in a backpack on my camper's spare tire.

backpack.jpg

But I always a 15 gallon tote which I used once years ago. It really take up a lot of room.

gray water tote.jpg

I toyed with the idea of mounting it (empty) under the tongue, using straps around the axle and through the handle. A little better access then getting under the camper.