WI - Blue Top Resort

barb_dave

Super Active Member
Jul 22, 2007
Wisconsin
We stayed at Blue Top Resort in Fremont WI.

Well it was a great weekend for camping and the Blue Top Resort was a nice CG. The cost was $24.00 per night (electric site). The CG is well maintained with probably the cleanest bath house I've ever seen. Being situated on a lake the CG also offers boat rentals. There is an aerated pond that offers swimming.

The sites themselves are of adequate size however many of them are 20 AMP so it's a good thing we carry an adapter. We also had to be careful on how much power we could use at one time or the breaker would kick off. Not a devastating problem as the breaker panel is located in within easy access of each group of sites.

For the number of people there this weekend it was quiet in the evening. People with dogs also kept them under control with no barking keeping you awake at night.

The CG is not too far off the highway so while sitting around the fire you could hear some highway noise. Here again no big deal but it would have been better without it.

Overall we would go there again. Good price, well maintained, and easy to get to.

Bullfrog Bheer

Super Active Member
Feb 19, 2010
Central Wisconsin
Hey, that's the place I originally had in mind when you asked, but couldn't think of the name. I've checked their website out more than once.
Did you have reservations or just show up? Was there a lot of people just camping or people primarily there to fish?

barb_dave

Super Active Member
Jul 22, 2007
Wisconsin
To reserve a site we called them and asked them what was available. Believe it or not they don't take credit or debit cards so the reservation we made was just on our word we would be there. The lady Barb talked to on the phone only said if we weren't going to make it to call them to let them know.

I don't think I'd want to take a chance in just showing up as I would hate to make the trip to find out no sites were available.

There were only 2 sites available when we reserved ours So to answer your question people were there mainly to camp. Lots of 5th wheels and TT. We saw a good number of boats come in just to use the lake for the day for fishing, swimming etc.