Wife yak

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Picked up another yak for the wife, a Liquidlogic Marvel 10, light as hay & sit inside, big cockpit w/ room for little Henri (her 'chi); recently sold a WS Ride 115 & a Ride 135, trying to downsize, kept a WS Tarpon 100 & a 120, sit on tops, which I prefer...she loves it, glides/tracks fairly well, decent "throw & go"...she found a neat piece of driftwood I call the "fish stick" while paddling...little after daybreak it was 78* w/ 87% humidity, lake was like bath water...
thumbnail_IMG_0575.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0209.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0577.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0576.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0212.jpg

Chloe

Jun 16, 2017
Massachusetts
Very nice! Sure beats my blow-up one... but I have time to learn and upgrade.
Definitely hotter than hades out there today. Past 6pm and still "feels like" 107 degrees out. Phew.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Congrats. I only have two, an inflatable and my 12' venture sit in kayak. My trip coming up I'm bringing the inflatable as both my brother and his daughter have their boats. There just isn't room to pack a third. One of the pluses about an inflatable.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Very nice! Sure beats my blow-up one... but I have time to learn and upgrade.
Definitely hotter than hades out there today. Past 6pm and still "feels like" 107 degrees out. Phew.
Gonna get another sit on top for here at home, keeping 2 at the lake & need another one for a local lake close by, love the Tarpon series yaks...may go back up in the morning & get that "fish stick" driftwood lol

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Went back early this morning w/ the wife & little Henri, her 'chi, to retrieve the FISH STICK; was bigger than it looked from the other side of the cove yesterday l ol (4' 11 3/4"), & the bank was steep & covered in "wait a minute" vines & brambles...finally got it to the truck & realized why my arms & legs were stinging; a huge family of pi$$ ants had taken up residence in the wood, finally able to subdue 'em w/ a spray can of sunscreen, hopped up in truck for a quick photo & headed back home...an old bobber found on a previous paddle made a perfect eye, & she'll soon be mounted out front for the neighbors to gawk at [8D]
thumbnail_IMG_0217.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0582.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0583.jpg

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
That is a nice Kayak. Wife has an Old Town Vapor 10, and I have an Old Town Camden 105. Both easy enough to bring along camping, and do some exploring close to home.

Love the fish stick !

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
That is a nice Kayak. Wife has an Old Town Vapor 10, and I have an Old Town Camden 105. Both easy enough to bring along camping, and do some exploring close to home.

Love the fish stick !
Thanks, dang thing was bigger than it looked lol, I was covered w/ pi$$ ants by the time I reached the truck...wife loves the yak, I have a storage spot near the lake, I'll keep that one up there w/ my Tarpon 120, have a Tarpon 10 left here at home & am gonna pick up another yak to keep here at home for a couple of small lakes close by; I prefer a SOT, but the Old Town Loon 105 angler looks nice, hoping to demo some soon...