Wonka80 introduction

Wonka80

Aug 5, 2022
I’m a retired electrical engineer living in western Colorado, and my family and I consider ourselves ‘desert rats’ (preferred camping style). I’ve accumulated an abundance of hobbies, machines and tools over the years and enjoy working with them in my shop. My current project is the restoration of a 1979 Coleman Valley Forge popup that I passed on to my daughter about 10 years ago. She and her family absolutely love camping with it. Its been in our family for around 40 years and we’ve kept it in decent shape, but it’s time for a complete facelift.
BTW, I’m looking for a couple of items for the Coleman: a set of the original pointed hubcaps, and the original 3” pinstripe surrounding the sides.
Wonka80

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome from NM.
I don't see hub caps on colemanpopupparts, but they may have other items you're looking to find. Some tiems com and go, they even have a section called soemthing like "coming back". etrailer or one of the vintage trailer suppliers might be helpful too.

Wonka80

Aug 5, 2022
Thanks for the reply. I’ve searched the usual internet suppliers without finding anything. Unfortunately a couple of years ago, before we decided to rebuild the Valley Forge, someone on eBay offered an NOS pinstripe. Should have purchased it but I didn’t. Go figure 😁

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
I’m a retired electrical engineer living in western Colorado, and my family and I consider ourselves ‘desert rats’ (preferred camping style). I’ve accumulated an abundance of hobbies, machines and tools over the years and enjoy working with them in my shop. My current project is the restoration of a 1979 Coleman Valley Forge popup that I passed on to my daughter about 10 years ago. She and her family absolutely love camping with it. Its been in our family for around 40 years and we’ve kept it in decent shape, but it’s time for a complete facelift.
BTW, I’m looking for a couple of items for the Coleman: a set of the original pointed hubcaps, and the original 3” pinstripe surrounding the sides.
Wonka80
Welcome from a former EE(electronics) in New Jersey.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for the reply. I’ve searched the usual internet suppliers without finding anything. Unfortunately a couple of years ago, before we decided to rebuild the Valley Forge, someone on eBay offered an NOS pinstripe. Should have purchased it but I didn’t. Go figure 😁
Have you checked with some of the custome decal makers for the stripe? It may not be completely original, but with a good photo it probably will be close.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Have you checked with some of the custome decal makers for the stripe? It may not be completely original, but with a good photo it probably will be close.
Off subject, kinda, but I am toying with the idea of having our graphics air brushed on our 2009 Rockwood HW296. They have began fading, and cracking. Might also look into having your stripe airbrushed. Good luck with your project. Welcome from Central Texas. See you on the trail.