Yellowstone’s rules about the thermal areas ain’t no joke

Sep 25, 2021
When we were there a few years ago there was a pair of dumbasses wandering around all over the place going right up to the pools etc. The stupidity of a measurable section of homo sapiens is unbelievable.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Unfortunately it's that very same stupidity that ruins it for everyone else. Went to Europe once on a trip and they closed the path to a monument because too many were defacing it so the best way to view the monument was now through binoculars or pictures online. I get it, but its sad that those who are following the rules are being penalized from the stupidity of the rule breakers. It honestly is beginning to piss me off. Its like I'm that 6 yo that's being yelled at for something I didn't do because I wasn't quick enough to point my finger at the rule breaker and instead they point it at me.

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Unfortunately it's that very same stupidity that ruins it for everyone else. Went to Europe once on a trip and they closed the path to a monument because too many were defacing it so the best way to view the monument was now through binoculars or pictures online. I get it, but its sad that those who are following the rules are being penalized from the stupidity of the rule breakers. It honestly is beginning to piss me off. Its like I'm that 6 yo that's being yelled at for something I didn't do because I wasn't quick enough to point my finger at the rule breaker and instead they point it at me.
I've never understood what makes people want to sign or carve their name on some monument. It just ruins it for everyone else, and nobody is going to recognize you or care that you signed it (other than wishing you didn't) so you're no more famous for it. Are you hoping to bring your kids back someday and point to it? Too bad, because it will be covered over by other idiots long before that.

KeizerTrailer

Aug 31, 2020
Keizer, OR
I remember all the signage at Yellowstone warning public to stay on boardwalks and avoid wildlife. Yet, idiots would clearly do the opposite...my favorite was seeing people down in a marshy thicket trying to get a picture of a moose lounging about....